Hak5 on Discord?

MattDreamer

This originally was meant as a private message to Darren but, understandably, it was denied. so... here it is haha

Hey, have you heard of Discord?

I'd like to ask if you've ever considered using Discord as an extension of the Forums. It'd not only help members establish common grounds but it'd also help build familiarity and quite possibly a larger platform to reach a larger crowd. It'd give members/visitors/viewers and guests a sense of familiarity and direction within the community. It could open the opportunity for the more active and knowledgeable members to even educate and help where they can. This is only a suggestion, I'd like to know what you think. It definitely would be pretty awesome to watch how this community expands. Who knows, maybe in the future it'd grow and express a need of its own for the awesome products you guys come out with... This is something I want to be a part of- that's it and I'll contribute any way I can. This is something I'm passionate about and I KNOW you guys are too - otherwise, you guys wouldn't have gone to great lengths to get to where you're at today. 

Other than that, is it weird if I actually wanted to get to know you guys?

I think lack of knowledge of the Hak5 community shows, considering there has been an active IRC network around as long as the show has, and if I'm not mistaken, pre-dates the show, although the old IRC network split into different groups after the Rev3 IRC came into play.