New IE update!!?

Heinzanova

I was upgrading and reinstalling a laptop this morning and at the windows update site I updated to the new IE7. I usually use FF or Linx, so I never use IE that much. I must say though the new IE7 desktop icon is sooo worth the upgrade. ;-)

You can tell someone at MS likes Opera though, the new IE copied the look and feel of Opera so bad, it isn't funny.

Anyone else notice this?

Yeah I hate how some people rip off others, kinda like how that one car company came up with the idea of DOORS, and now almost every car has DOORS, I mean COME ON it's such a rip off of the first guys!! Or how Fx underlines misspellings in red, thats such a total rip from MS Word. And even this one guy made a web page.. and everyone copied him...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

It's not ripping someone off it's taking ideas that work, and making them standard Like tabs, first Firefox had tabs... now EVERYONE has tabs it's become standard.

Yeah I hate how some people rip off others, kinda like how that one car company came up with the idea of DOORS, and now almost every car has DOORS, I mean COME ON it's such a rip off of the first guys!! Or how Fx underlines misspellings in red, thats such a total rip from MS Word. And even this one guy made a web page.. and everyone copied him...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

It's not ripping someone off it's taking ideas that work, and making them standard Like tabs, first Firefox had tabs... now EVERYONE has tabs it's become standard.

more what I was going for is how the actual Gui look and such is, more so like Opera than Firefox, I mean it would be hard to tell the two appart now

Microsoft panicked as they saw Firefox's use grow... so they did the only thing they could do... rip off as many features as they could.

lol so true

the funniest thing is the fact that all or a large portion of the added features can be found in firefox extensions or as standard any for me i'm a total firefox convert, i'm even using it now off my usb drive :D

You should all rejoice. With this simmering browser war getting its flames fanned the only ones actually benefitting are the end users. US!

And as browsers become more standards-based, web developers will also rejoice. Guess what? For a reasonable part that's also US!