Tetra Tactical Backpack

neal.sprouse

Take a backpack .place two batteries with cables in it.connect it like to a tablet and throw that in there and close the zipper.tadaa that's what it looks like.

Sadly the pockets don't hold the batteries well and the cable management will be a mess.the antennas will be overlayed from onanother.the bag could have used dual zippers on all spots and I wish the inside had more hak5 logo in it.tight fit for any laptop but overall .it's there for the support of the hak5 in general for me.

I noticed the same issues with my tactical backpack. I thought that maybe mine just had a manufacturing defect as one of what I assume to be battery pockets is too narrow to hold the second battery. And to not have some method for cable management seems like an oversight, particularly in respect to the beautifully designed Nano tactical pouch. Am I missing something?

I noticed the same issues with my tactical backpack. I thought that maybe mine just had a manufacturing defect as one of what I assume to be battery pockets is too narrow to hold the second battery. And to not have some method for cable management seems like an oversight, particularly in respect to the beautifully designed Nano tactical pouch. Am I missing something?

Yeah was really excited for those double pockets to hold those batteries but alas the one is slightly too narrow. Wouldn't be bad if one battery would power this beast to it's fullest and that second pocket for the cables. The Tetra fits good within that front pocket and doesn't feel too bulky when loaded however would of been cool to have a couple more pouches for what not items .. Overall still a good EDC for the job needing to be done.

Well mine doesn't look as nice but it's got 63,600 amp hours with up to 9 amps (2.1+2.1+2.4+2.4) available to run as long as I want doing what ever I want :)

IfjNtZr.jpg

And yes the second pineapple battery does fit in the second pocket (not sure i'll ever be able to get it out tho) and it does zip up all nice and neat without any strain on any of the parts.

• 1 month later...

My only issue with the tetra tactical backpack is that the front webbing isn't molle compatible. It's not even close. So all of my other pouches or solar panels that are molle don't quite fit right on that front panel.

I would suggest next iterations make use of that standard.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Sorry everyone, don't mean to raise a dead topic but I'm sure others may be curious as well.

I see a couple of you have invested in multiple battery packs, anyone willing to divulge what brands and how many MAH's per they are?

Thanks again

This is fantastic;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aukey-Powerpack-Portable-Powerbank-Smartphone/dp/B00SR5N5HU

20000 mAh. I get a full day of power for the RPi from it, plus I can use it to charge a multitude of other devices, 2 at a time.

It's rugged and solid, a little weighty but not too bad, and certainly not a Chinese rip-off. I've had mine a year and it's still just as good.

It's a good price too. £20, or around $30.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, hjg said:

Anyone have more pics of the outside and inside of the bag they can post or point me to? I am trying to decide if I want to get it or a different bag.

I have a couple pictures I posted on Twitter when I got it.  Hope it helps.

• 3 years later...
On 2/18/2016 at 10:31 PM, sud0nick said:

Just thought I would share some pics of my setup. I was able to get the second battery into the narrow pocket. It took a little force but none of the fabric or stitching ripped and now it slides in and out easily.

Hidden Content

thanks for your effort i have a question you use the two tetra port to power the device? I have another question can I use this adapter to upgrade my tetra antenna?

s-l1600.jpg

Archived