Recon: Scan results disappear

Kalijane

Hi,

I noticed that the scan results disappear in the Recon section if I go on another page ie PineAP. Does anyone experience this problem?

It's quite annoying as I usually scan, copy the mac adress, go to pine AP to paste the target mac. when I go back to recon to deuthenticate the target, the resluts list is empty. Is there a way around this?

I have encountered this on every update, it would be nice to be able to save the results or have deauth option on the pine AP page

I was just reading the front-end code. It looks like the page is re-written with html from an API call on every tab/module change. While it's possible to preserve state between view changes, it can get messy with the front-end framework Hak5 chose (AngularJS) without using non-core Angular libraries. (or rewriting a substantial part of AngularJS)

In any case, doing so (keeping state) ends up being a tiny bit more memory intensive for the browser since it's keeping state between page views; perhaps it was a conscious decision.

Edited by audibleblink
  • Upvote 1

I was just reading the front-end code. It looks like the page is re-written with html from an API call on every tab/module change. While it's possible to preserve state between view changes, it can get messy with the front-end framework Hak5 chose (AngularJS) without using non-core Angular libraries. (or rewriting a substantial part of AngularJS)

In any case, doing so (keeping state) ends up being a tiny bit more memory intensive for the browser since it's keeping state between page views; perhaps it was a conscious decision.

I think there is a good way to handle keeping recon's last scan / coming back to a previously started scan, I just haven't gotten around to implementing it.

The API was written in a way that would allow us to trivially restore a previously started scan (as long as the interface is not refreshed, though local storage exists..). Keeping the scan data is also rather simple.

I have it on my list and will get to it soon :)

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• Upvote 1