some noob questions

Mntndw

from what the wiki for hacksaw says it makes it look like all you have to do is install it on a u3 drive and then youre done. but i guess thats not the case. what all else do you have to do? i assume you have to make your own send.bat file, is there anything else?

You have to edit the send.bat file, and add your own email address. It should then work just fine, but it's always better to first learn exactly what it does, and mod it until you think it's at its best, and then start using it. That way you learn something from it too.

make sure that when viewing the folder showing of hidden and system file are enable this can be done by going to "Tools > folder options > view and check/uncheck the appropriate boxes" this is most likely why there is nothing viewable but beside that if it does not work try downloading again

yea ive got it so i can view hidden folders/files, but this is really weird i just downloaded it again and theres still nothing there. im downloading it from

http://www.hak5.org/releases/2x03/hacksaw/...w_ver0.2poc.rar

any ideas? is there another link i can try or something?

I just downloaded it and unpacked it and there are files under payload/WIP/SBS.

In my personal opinion since these USB hacks are PoC if you can't work them out either on your own or with a little prod in the right direction then you shouldn't be using them.
I guess that's a reasonable attitude. If you don't put in the time and effort to understand how it works and how to get it to work you shouldn't get the privilege of using it.

i agree with you guys but im not really sure what to say about this. this is just strange. i did a screencap video to show you how it is, maybe somebody can help me. its kind of large but i couldnt get it any smaller heres the link

http://dl023.filefactory.com/dl/f/0cf593/b...4b933737e9c7fd/

Maybe your antivirus deletes them? Try different solutions. Use WinZip, unpack it in a different folder (like C:aaa), disable your antivirus, use command line tools to look in the folder and so on.

according to winrar the files are there in the rar file but once they are uncompressed they just disappear, even when i disable my av which is avast. anybody else ever had problems with winrar and avast before? im gonna try to use a different program to uncompress

EDIT: alright well i was messing around trying to figure out whats wrong and i noticed if i go to the properties of the uncompressed SBS folder it says it has 13 files in it, but when i open it theres nothing there. I set everything to not be hidden, even though ive got folder settings so i can see hidden stuff. i thought it might be something with windows explorer so i tried typed in the location of my hacksaw directory in firefox so i could view it in there, but when i open up the SBS folder theres still nothing there. i also tried to uncompress it using 7-zip but its doing the same thing

according to winrar the files are there in the rar file but once they are uncompressed they just disappear, even when i disable my av which is avast. anybody else ever had problems with winrar and avast before? im gonna try to use a different program to uncompress

EDIT: alright well i was messing around trying to figure out whats wrong and i noticed if i go to the properties of the uncompressed SBS folder it says it has 13 files in it, but when i open it theres nothing there. I set everything to not be hidden, even though ive got folder settings so i can see hidden stuff. i thought it might be something with windows explorer so i tried typed in the location of my hacksaw directory in firefox so i could view it in there, but when i open up the SBS folder theres still nothing there. i also tried to uncompress it using 7-zip but its doing the same thing

You could try unchecking "hide protected operating system files". Also like I said, look at the folder with command line tools and try unpacking it somewhere else.

ok here's the easyest solution ....

save this as xx55xx.cmd

attrib *.* -s -h

@pause

attrib *.* +s +h

attrib xx55xx.cmd -s -h

and put it in that directory

then just run it , it'll make all the files visible (keep the window open)

edit wot u need to edit ...

then when ure done jump to the cmd window and just press any key

it'll hide the files again and close

now just delete the xx55xx.cmd

and yes it was a verry noobish question and actually agree with moonlit ....

next time before u go and modify batch scripts try'n understand it ...

just upen cmd (windows > run and type cmd.exe) and type help(space)(command u wanna get info on)