C Ideas ?

macker

I have a small project for university, I have to write a program in two days and it has to be something that people would use in their day to day life. There is one restriction it has to be in C, now this isn’t an issue but, I could do with some ideas on what you think would be a useful day to day program.

predefined programs are opened, with predefined documents for those programs.

That way you can click once, and have Word open with a document you use daily, Photoshop with an empty document which you use daily, etc...

(Although it's probably overkill to do this in C)

Well, you'll probably end up writing something that you would normally script.

How's this:

Make a calendar app that warns you a week before something happens so you still have time to get a gift.

What sucks is that I don't have a clue what either you or your teacher would consider 'something that people would use in their day to day life'. That description is decidedly vague.

Well, you could of course make a basic shell.

Probably a tad more feasable as a 2-day project than a complete kernel (though make no mistake about it, it can be done).

An astrology program:

Ask for their date of birth. Then it produces their fortune everytime. It'll say "You will be struck by lightning" everytime.

Lol but if thay don't get struck thay will stop useing it , if thay do thay will blame the program :p

And yet you run Windows, don't you? :roll:

yeah I know I Know , But i am slow teaching myself linux and hopeing to ween my sell off windows soon, just somethings are like a drug like some evilgames (the sims, sim earth) and macromedia.

Well, you'll probably end up writing something that you would normally script.

How's this:

Make a calendar app that warns you a week before something happens so you still have time to get a gift.

What sucks is that I don't have a clue what either you or your teacher would consider 'something that people would use in their day to day life'. That description is decidedly vague.

I decided to go with this idea, thanks everyone.