LAN connection issue

Altrez

Hello Everyone,

I got a new MarkV in the mail today from UPS. I followed the instructions but the MarkV never shows as being connected to my computer via the NIC. I let it sit for at least 1 hour and it never shows connected on my PC. I have tried different cables and different computers.

So the next thing I did was the emergency flash and that worked fine. The ethernet connection to the PC came right up when I put it into recovery mode. I loaded the recovery mode image on the MarV it loaded just fine. Put the dip switches back in place and booted it back up. Now its still doing the same thing I cannot connect to the V with a network card I have tried crossovers straight throughs everything I can think of.

The network light comes on for 1 second when it first boots that is it. However like I said if I go to recovery mode everything works perfectly.

Do I have a bad unit?

-Altrez

So I just got my Pineapple.

I got it set up, but now I cannot connect to it via LAN. I when I plug in the ethernet cable, it says connected to 'Unidentified Network'. And I can't do jack shit. Can't ping it, can't ssh, can't access in a browser. It works fine over WiFi.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

So i just bought a pineapple and when i tried to factory reset it following the instrucitons (after forgetting the password) i get to the screen where i can flash it the ethernet conenction works, but after the flash is complete and i set the dip switches 1,1,1,1,1 and reboot i cannot access the gui and begin setup via ethernet. Also i cannot find the wifi network to do it via wifi. Any thoughts?

Im kind of frustrated because i can not use and never have been could my unit possibly be defective?

I'm experiencing the same thing. I have flashed this several time before without issue. Then I didn't really mess with it for about 6 months and decided to start fresh. I can restore just fine using the "brick" method (1,1,1,1,0) but after restarting the pineapple, I get nothing. Checked the SD card and it is blank as well.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got my Pineapple.

I got it set up, but now I cannot connect to it via LAN. I when I plug in the ethernet cable, it says connected to 'Unidentified Network'. And I can't do jack shit. Can't ping it, can't ssh, can't access in a browser. It works fine over WiFi.

Any ideas?

I loved the music.

I don't think you provided enough information. Does Network Manager say connected to 'Unidentified Network' when you connect the pineapple to your Kali Linx box? Are you saying that you cannot connect to it from another machine on the router's network?

Also, the poster and another with the same issue determined that the problem was a bad/wrong power supply. If your problem is different with different symptoms, you might want to open a new thread.

Edited by fringes