mk5 does not work

t31m0

Hello! I´m writting you because my mk5 does not work. It does not work rj45 (eth0). At the begining I could access the pineapple trought the wifi (trying to reflash so see if there is a s oftware issue). Now there is only the red light ... and proven all the steps that this URD has: https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing&version = mk5 but now there is no way to connect to the pineapple, does not connect either cable or wifi and it seems completely dead. The pienapple only has 3 moths.

greetings

NOTE: It is not the first pineapple I buy, and I have 2 operating mk4 and they work as good as the first day

I have checked the forum to answers but anything worked.

When you say you have followed the flashing guide, I suggest you go through the unbricking part of it.

Unbricking a bricked WiFi Pineapple MKV

Bricked your WiFi Pineapple MKV? Unbricking is easy and doesn't require any extra hardware!

• Download the special factory image. This image is the WiFi Pineapple MKV's 1.2.0 firmware, packaged differently to allow unbricking. Please verify it's md5 checksum to be 167b1533b9dd5c49f7107413fb960bfa.
  • Power off your WiFi Pineapple MKV and set the DIP switches to up, up, up, up, down (from left to right).
  • Connect to your WiFi Pineapple MKV via ethernet and set your network interface to a static IP of 192.168.1.2
  • Boot up the WiFi Pineapple MKV. After around five seconds, you can navigate to http://192.168.1.1
  • Upload the factory-1.2.0.bin file through the interface. Wait for it to complete.
  • Set all the DIP switches back to the default configuration up, up, up, up, up (from left to right).
  • Make sure the SD card is inserted and powercycle the WiFi Pineapple MKV. Your device will now boot the 1.2.0 firmware. Please wait patiently and refer to the first boot instructions in your WiFi Pineapple MKV instructions. You may skip any information relating to the stager.
  • You are done. Enjoy your freshly flashed WiFi Pineapple MKV!

Potentially silly question, but what about power? Are we using the correct cord? Is there anything plugged into the USB slot?

Nothing is connected by usb ...

the problem is that it does not detect or connect to rj45 (ech0)
no way ... after many many tests ....
and if you do not clearly detected and not connected with any connection ... you can not flash or recover....
but since a few days ... I realized ... that the (eth0) was failing ....
today to install the latest version 2.0.3 ...
I thought that would solve the problem but eventually stopped responding completely....
NOTE: I connect by wifi ... manage the update 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 ... wlan1 making getway ...because cable not working ....
the original charger *
Edited by t31m0

It seems like there's a problem with the Ethernet. Let's go through some troubleshooting.

1. Have you tried a different Ethernet cable? Let's rule out that the cable isn't bad.

2. Have you tried a different PC? Let's rule out that there isn't a problem there.

3. Does the Amber LED light when attempting to use Ethernet?

4. From the Network tile, do you see information regarding eth0?

5. Is there anything in the Logs tile to indicate a faulty Ethernet controller? Repeating messages regarding eth0 going up and down?

6. Has a reflash of factory firmware 1.2.0 using the unbricking method resolved the issue?

If these steps have been exhausted, I recommend making a request for a replacement unit at hakshop.com/exchange and following up with exchange@hak5.org

It seems like there's a problem with the Ethernet. Let's go through some troubleshooting.

1. Have you tried a different Ethernet cable? Let's rule out that the cable isn't bad.

2. Have you tried a different PC? Let's rule out that there isn't a problem there.

3. Does the Amber LED light when attempting to use Ethernet?

4. From the Network tile, do you see information regarding eth0?

5. Is there anything in the Logs tile to indicate a faulty Ethernet controller? Repeating messages regarding eth0 going up and down?

6. Has a reflash of factory firmware 1.2.0 using the unbricking method resolved the issue?

If these steps have been exhausted, I recommend making a request for a replacement unit at hakshop.com/exchange and following up with exchange@hak5.org

I Darren ....

Yes.... all those tests I have done ....

1. Have you tried a different Ethernet cable? -------> 4 or 5 times and different cables ....

2. Have you tried a different PC? ----------------------> 4 different pcs and different 5-port rj45

3. Does the Amber LED light when attempting to use Ethernet? -----> No ....Under no circumstances (no light Amber)

4. From the Network tile, do you see information regarding eth0? -----> before upgrading ... eth0 information connecting me looked but only by wifi ...

did not work even before the eth0 (only sometimes) very well thought out the problem and actualize firmaware ... because cable could not ..and anything now I can not recover because not detected under any concept cord rj45 ....
5. Is there anything in the Logs tile to indicate a faulty Ethernet controller? Repeating messages regarding eth0 going up and down? ..---------> . No ... in the logs did not see anything specific on eth0 ... everything seemed fine .... ARDETROYA state .... to me doing tests .... and I connect via ssh (wifi) ifconfig eth0 down / ifconfig eth0 up ... etc ..... Many tests ...
6. Has a reflash of factory firmware 1.2.0 using the unbricking method resolved the issue? ------ > Sure ... prove all ... and after resetting the rj 45 was still not working ... I went back to install the 2.0.3 version ... but I leave to answer ... and now I have only static red light .... and as before the rj45 not respond ... I can not recover .. :unsure:
NOTE: sorry for my english ....
With the web inposible recovery mode (the last button on the pineapple factory loaded image of 1.2) and have to access this 192.168.1.1 and I not have eth0 (rj45) ....Not work ....
And the system default reset ... does not work any more ...
I tried everything ..
Edited by t31m0

If these steps have been exhausted, I recommend making a request for a replacement unit at hakshop.com/exchange and following up with exchange@hak5.org. Please include your MK5 serial number located on the bottom of the unit.

We will ensure that you have a properly working unit. I would like to test your unit for hardware defects if at all possible.

If these steps have been exhausted, I recommend making a request for a replacement unit at hakshop.com/exchange and following up with exchange@hak5.org. Please include your MK5 serial number located on the bottom of the unit.

We will ensure that you have a properly working unit. I would like to test your unit for hardware defects if at all possible.
Correction .... jejejej
Exchanges:
exchanges@hak5.org
Thanks Darren ...
NOTE: I do not have as much time to wait for the replacement ...ArdeTroya and me are going to a security conference to present your products :P ... I'm going to buy another .. but I send this pineapple darren for your look and do the tests .... ;)

Question. I tried to clear the SD of pcap data and now I can't cd to '/sd'. Were there important files in the sd card that I should know about, now the my pineapple is upgraded to the latest firmware?

This doesn't really seem related to the defective Ethernet interface in this topic. Can you start a new topic and provide relevant details? For example, "... tried to clear the SD of pcap data..." is subject to many interpretations.

Question. I tried to clear the SD of pcap data and now I can't cd to '/sd'. Were there important files in the sd card that I should know about, now the my pineapple is upgraded to the latest firmware?

You have formatted the sd card ???

(I tried to clear the SD) How ????

Opinion ... format the sd card in the pc ... makes a swap and

ext4 partition .... an retested ...

This doesn't really seem related to the defective Ethernet interface in this topic. Can you start a new topic and provide relevant details? For example, "... tried to clear the SD of pcap data..." is subject to many interpretations.

Yes true ... new topic :)

My apologies. I'll do that.