Is it correct charge for "Pineapple Juice 12800"

I just found the correct adapter in the box. However once I connected to the battery and plugged into the power outlet it was produced the strange noise and LED was dimming and finally the green LED was gone. Seems like my adapter already dead. The LED (at the battery switch) is no longer show red light any more.

But just now I found another adapter in my house with the output 12V . I am not sure whether it would work as replacement or not.
During the charging process should I turn the battery switch on?

Photo%202014-04-06%2021.04.52-1.jpg

Edited by mulysatest

Just to ensure that the battery is working properly. After charging for almost an 1.5 hours. I have unplugped it from charging adapter.
Then turn the switch of the battery on, but it doesn't show any light on the swith at all.
Does this mean the battery is dead?

Note:
- The temperature of the battery's surface is still the same not even warmmer at all.

- The shape of the battery is very weird. There is a little curve at the middle as you can see from the picture. It doesn't well align with the edge of the paper.

Photo%202014-04-06%2017.21.44-2.jpg

Photo%202014-04-06%2017.21.44-3.jpg

Edited by mulysatest

How do I know that the battery is fully charge?

The green light on the charger should turn green when the battery is fully charged (at least it does on mine).

If it still doesn't seem to be charging, double-check that the power switch is *on* on the battery. The switch can easily toggle itself if it hits something flat, so double-checking is always a good idea.

Just to ensure that the battery is working properly. After charging for almost an 1.5 hours. I have unplugped it from charging adapter.

Then turn the switch of the battery on, but it doesn't show any light on the swith at all.

Does this mean the battery is dead?

Note:

- The temperature of the battery's surface is still the same not even warmmer at all.

- The shape of the battery is very weird. There is a little curve at the middle as you can see from the picture. It doesn't well align with the edge of the paper.

Photo%202014-04-06%2017.21.44-2.jpg

Photo%202014-04-06%2017.21.44-3.jpg

Yea, both mine are warped slightly. Shouldn't be a problem. Mine don't warm up when charging either.

• 2 weeks later...

The green light on the charger should turn green when the battery is fully charged (at least it does on mine).

If it still doesn't seem to be charging, double-check that the power switch is *on* on the battery. The switch can easily toggle itself if it hits something flat, so double-checking is always a good idea.

Hmm, it seems I may have been mistaken. I think the green light may only come on while it is charging then go out when it is done. It would have been nice if it came with some instructions...

Hmm, it seems I may have been mistaken. I think the green light may only come on while it is charging then go out when it is done. It would have been nice if it came with some instructions...

Mine stay on. Forgot I had one charging overnight once. Green light after 20 hours of charging. The chargers aren't the best quality. One of mine make an ungodly high pitched squeal and the led flashes red/green, I don't use that one....

• 1 month later...

Well I left my battery juice charging over night and it´s still not working.

Something I noticed:

While battery juice is being charged and of course with the "ON" switch, I press the little black button on top of the battery juice and i get 3 light that light up.

But not consecutive lights. (not in a row) For example:

RED - GREEN - DEAD - GREEN.

My question is: Is it possible that the "DEAD" light (the one that's not turning on) mean that the battery is disconnected or something like that?

I have never been able to charge the battery juice since I purchased it.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Thx

BTW; YES, I'm using the right plug power adapter.

Well I left my battery juice charging over night and it´s still not working.

Something I noticed:

While battery juice is being charged and of course with the "ON" switch, I press the little black button on top of the battery juice and i get 3 light that light up.

But not consecutive lights. (not in a row) For example:

RED - GREEN - DEAD - GREEN.

My question is: Is it possible that the "DEAD" light (the one that's not turning on) mean that the battery is disconnected or something like that?

I have never been able to charge the battery juice since I purchased it.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Thx

BTW; YES, I'm using the right plug power adapter.

Sounds like your battery is dead. Get ahold of the hakshop, they'll fix you up.

Are you serious? When it arrived It worked with the charge it came with. So I assume that the batteries can hold a charge. I intentionally drained it before my international trip. (home)

Is there any way to fix it? Sending a replacement battery juice will not arrive in my country.

Thx

Are you serious? When it arrived It worked with the charge it came with. So I assume that the batteries can hold a charge. I intentionally drained it before my international trip. (home)

Is there any way to fix it? Sending a replacement battery juice will not arrive in my country.

Thx

It is possible. As Darren stated, it is never a good idea to fully drain your Pineapple Juice.

Saying that however, I had an issue similar to this before. I was using the WIFi Pineapple MKV power supply by accident and that couldn't revive it.

Once I used the correct power supply, after almost a full day of being charged, it finally worked again. I hadn't charged it for months, hence it was completely dead.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hi SEB!,

Thanks for jumping in.

I drained the battery really to avoid any issues at the airport. (LONG trip home)

Here's something unusual.

I know, that the ON switch is "I" and the OFF switch is "o".

And, according to the instructions and this forum, I'm supposed to charge while the power is switched ON "I".

After charging for 12 hours and not getting anywhere, I assume something is not correct.

So I charged it with a 240-120 transformer and with the OFF switch and I got 3 green lights (when pressing) the little black button. (and unplugged)

The odd thing is that I can't ever get one of the lights to turn on, even when plugged.

Can I assume that each light represents a battery? Perhaps one of the batteries is not connected inside?

Any ideas are more than welcomed.

Many thanks!!

I drained the battery really to avoid any issues at the airport. (LONG trip home)

For what it's worth, I just recently traveled with both my pineapple and battery.

There are a couple reasons you should not drain the battery before flying with it.

deep discharge is bad for the battery itself (as is over-volt-charging and over-current-charging). Any of the above can cause ballooning of Li-Po or Li-Ion packs. Now, think about the pressure changes that occur in an airplane. puffed battery + additional decrease in airpressure around it, potential badness.

The second reason is less safety related and more 'not getting bad attention from uniform people'.

Simply, if an agent happens to ask "what is that?" referring to the battery, they may also ask to see it power the pineapple. (happened to me)

Dead battery - not able to power the device - agent wondering why it doesnt do as you say - ... more uniformed people asking more questions.

Line of questions I got:

"what is that?" - "a portable wireless access point"

"and that?" - "the battery for it to be portable"

"can you show me it powering the device?" - "sure" plugged in, powered on. lights came on per boot process

"ok, move along"

I really don't know if that actually is the cause of the problem.

In fact i will probably never know.

I chargerd it for 24 hours and the charged lasted 7 hours. :(

Not exactly what i was hoping to get out of the battery.

When i first plugged it in, i noticed a faint diod type of noise.

However before plugging it in, i checked to see if it was 120v-240v compatible.

Surely enough it is. BUT when i plugged it in to a 240-120 transformer I no longer had that faint noise.

A bit strange if you ask me. I have a bad feeling that it wasn't compatible 240v. (but then again it´s my guess)

I wish i could find a solution for this. I´ve searched the forum and know that other users

had similar problems as me. Did these people also travel with a drained battery?

Doubt it. :(

Cheers,

cheeto

THX Medudder,

I contacted Hakshop but I never got a reply. :(

Give it a few days cheeto, it has been stated before..........they are a very small team, and I'm sure they are very busy....with the show, and new products being added to the hakshop.

They will get to you and fix you up.

THX xrad,

I have no problem waiting. I don't expect to be first.

My situation is a bit complicated because I live outside the US. So sending my battery juice back will probably cost me more than just buying a new one. I have family in the US. I wouldn't mind if they sent it there. (My wife could pick it up in October)

Sounds pretty messy but that's what happens when you live in South America. :)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hearing from the Hakshop.

Thanks again guys.

cheeto

THX xrad,

I have no problem waiting. I don't expect to be first.

My situation is a bit complicated because I live outside the US. So sending my battery juice back will probably cost me more than just buying a new one. I have family in the US. I wouldn't mind if they sent it there. (My wife could pick it up in October)

Sounds pretty messy but that's what happens when you live in South America. :)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hearing from the Hakshop.

Thanks again guys.

cheeto

You won't be asked to ship your battery back - that's cost prohibitive from South America. Sara informed me she has contacted you and will make arrangements. Cheers!