Getting into safe mode

Mr_Mischif

I have a pavilion Dv4000, and I can't easily enter safe mode unless I take out the battery while at the Windows splash screen, or ssomething along those lines. When I boot, it gives me the choice to enter setup or to boot over lan. This wouldn't be that much of a problem if I had set a password for Admin on my computer, but as it stands, If something happens and I have to boot into safe mode or someone wanted to do something naughty with my computer, if they could get into safe mode, they've got free reign. So what should I do?

I can't quite work out what you mean... I don't see why you need to do anything with the battery to enter safe mode...

Also, to get Administrator if it's not showing, Ctrl Alt Del twiceq, should take you to the normal login box. Type Administrator and password (often blank unless you've set it) to log on.

I'm saying that I can't get a prompt to enter safe mode (the last known good config thing) unless I take out the battery while Windows is booting, which, to me, seems to be the only way to enter safe mode on my laptop. Also, CAD x2 doesn't work for me. Don't ask me why; it just doesn't work.