firstboot firmware upgrade taking forever

jbraz

Same as, I'm going to have to spend a quite large amount of money to have it sent back, seeing as I got it shipped to the UK. It's almost not worth sending back.

I was really hoping something would be posted about this, as was mentioned weeks ago, but I don't think it's fair to be any more patient, as I would imagine the warranty will have run out if/when such information is posted.

Same as, I'm going to have to spend a quite large amount of money to have it sent back, seeing as I got it shipped to the UK. It's almost not worth sending back.

I was really hoping something would be posted about this, as was mentioned weeks ago, but I don't think it's fair to be any more patient, as I would imagine the warranty will have run out if/when such information is posted.

I'm finishing off a large post about these types of issues right now. We'll get it sorted out even if it goes over the 30 day mark.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I think I've waited long enough. I'll have to send it back to hakshop, which is a pain as I have to pay shipping overseas, through no fault of my own.

Are these devices not tested before being dispatched?

This is ridiculous. I've been told you guys know how to fix the issue, and I've been waiting for weeks to for you to communicate the procedure to me. I will be asking for a refund. Worst customer service ever.

I'm very sorry for the poor experience. Have you contacted shop@hak5.org ? The forums are a great resource for learning and troubleshooting, however for customer service regarding a faulty unit please reach out to us directly. We will ship out new units with a pre-paid return mailer -- all we need is an email to shop@hak5.org with your order # and confirmation that the address on file is still accurate.

I know this isn't ideal and I do apologize for the lack of communication. I have not been active on the forums as of late and take full personal responsibility for this issue. I hope to have it resolved swiftly and correctly. Please feel free to copy me, darren@hak5.org, on your correspondence as I pledge to make things right.