Pineapple hard bricked/fried

slethen

Hey guys I looked at a video on the official Wifi Pineapple website in search of the pin-out for UART.
As shown on that page VCC is connected and no where on the page is it stated not to connect it.

wifipineapple.png

Unfortunately I hesitantly connected VCC and now have a fried Pineapple that doesn't boot at all.
No LED's light either.
So I've come here in doubtful hope of possibly reviving my beloved Pineapple or is it for the bin?

Thanks a lot,

P1180898.JPG

unfortunately you have a brick i have done the same thing. What you did is supply it two sources of power and overloaded one source wast the power adapter and the other was the uart. Sorry man you have a brick.

unfortunately you have a brick i have done the same thing. What you did is supply it two sources of power and overloaded one source wast the power adapter and the other was the uart. Sorry man you have a brick.

Thought so thanks for the reply though! I didn't supply two, that photo shows VCC not connected after it blew with just VCC connected as the power supply.

I think that page needs a great big warning sign

What voltage was your vcc? 5V I'm guessing.

If you did not have the barrel connector plugged in but only plugged in vcc for the power, and it fried, it was 5V.

The pineapple needs 3.3V

Ahh I didn't realise it was 3.3V. What a bummer I had a 3.3V connector on the adaptor. Maybe its time to upgrade to the newer version