"The CGI process did not produce any response"

antidumb

That theoretically shouldn't make a difference. I can't get to the local interface to fuck with it. I did have it working as a generic AP, so I know traffic's flowing. But yes, Ping works fine.

Edited by antidumb

That theoretically shouldn't make a difference. I can't get to the local interface to fuck with it. I did have it working as a generic AP, so I know traffic's flowing. But yes, Ping works fine.

Bummer. Was thinking you were trying to access from a lappy providing Internet access for the fruit, in which case it would make all the difference. ;)

Hopefully you get it sorted soon. Now that the SD card image has been posted for download, maybe a fresh flash will do the trick?

I am quite intrigued by this. How did you have it working as a generic AP? Did you have access to it at some point?

Those lights that you see mean that it is ready to be talked to over ethernet. If that doesn't work though, I suggest you try connecting to it's WiFi AP and trying again from there. This is very odd behavior.

Fixable though. Let's figure out what went wrong first.

Thankfully the device is practically unbrickable. I am writing up instructions for our website on how to fix it now.

Best,

Sebkinne

I am quite intrigued by this. How did you have it working as a generic AP? Did you have access to it at some point?

Those lights that you see mean that it is ready to be talked to over ethernet. If that doesn't work though, I suggest you try connecting to it's WiFi AP and trying again from there. This is very odd behavior.

Thankfully the device is practically unbrickable. I am writing up instructions for our website on how to fix it now.

Best,

Sebkinne

You know you just jinxed yourself right?

Best,

Sebkinne

Definitely jinxed! Devices will connect to it via Pinapple_blah (I don't remember the name. Doesn't matter). It's not that the device is curently broken, per se, I just can't get to the admin page for it via wired or wireless.

Edited by antidumb

Popped the two files from the zip file on there, inserted the mSD card and waited several minutes for the lights to do the dance of joy.

That's not how you re-flash the device. This only works when using the stager. I am currently writing up instructions on how to perform a clean flash WITHOUT serial using the new MK5 features. Check out http://wifipineapple.com/?flashing in an hour or so.

Funnily enough, i am not amazed by this blatant Day1 bug :rolleyes:

Crepsidro, that comment isn't really appropriate. This seems to be an issue, yes. Has it been reported for more than one device? No.

I wouldn't call it a blatant Day1 bug at all. Without proper information it is hard to debug what happened.

Thankfully, these issues are easy and quick to fix.

Ah! Thanks. Is this a file that I could use in Recovery Mode? (I think that's what you guys call it; when you can connect via 192.168.1.1) I can drop into that.

And even if it's a day 1 bug, I'm the only one bitching about it right now. If it was more widespread, there are firmware fixes to fix these things. I'm just unlucky right now. Ain't no thang.

Seb, is there anything that I can get to you so you can debug it? I'm happy to help with whatever I can. I'd prefer this not have happened, but it is what it is, if I can get you some sort of info so the possibility of this happening to someone else is lessened, I'd love to.

Thanks for the help and all the info.

antidumb,

They're all going to Toorcon right now but I'm sure we'll here from them soon.... Just one question though. Do you have something plugged into the eth0 port? If you do try unplugging that, then reconnect to the Pineapples broadcasted AP. Make sure it's assigning you an IP address in the 172 normal range and then try to get to the management page.

Try running 'php' from command line.

I had this message pop up on me (Mark4) yesterday after reboot.

Had 3 hours of 'fun' trying to troubleshoot.

Then i just ran #php and it showed me an error (missing libcrypto.so) that immidiately indicated that usb did not mount on reboot (i have fresh libcrypto.so on my usb and ln'ed to /lib and /usr/lib).

Just thought running php in shell may help you troubleshoot as it did in my case.