Need help hide my privacy with backtrack

fox123

Hey everyone I need serious help with that

What I'm looking for : i want to all advance hidden anonymity options in backtrack ("hide my privacy 99%")

So What are their? I have some options about that.

> spoof mac

> spoof ip

> spoof ttl values

> spoof http header

> spoof dhcp

> use live cd

> use rdp

> use proxy

exactly I want to more hidden method to hide my id. (out of my list)

anyone help me?

I always searching about that. now i am really tired.

I'm not a very good English writer :

help me...

Edited by fox123

Definitely a Live CD, But I've personally only had experience with Macchanger:

Same should apply with eth0 (Anyone who's had much more experience than I, please correct me. I'd actually like to know myself)

sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
macchanger -m 00:11:22:33:44:55:66 wlan0 (or mon0)
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

Don't use the internet. That's the only real way.

spoof mac <-- Make sure you randomize every time
spoof ip <-- Breaks your connection
spoof ttl values <--- Not sure why
spoof http header <-- Again, why?
spoof dhcp <-- Will usually end up breaking your connection, and whatever was using the ip before, also, unless they're using dumb switches, they'll know which port.
live cd <-- Okay, won't leave tracks on the laptop, but that's about it.
rdp <-- to who's server? That stream will be traceable.
proxy <-- see rdp...
You're going to leave tracks. Short of creating a whole new identity, using only public wifi, and never using the same spot twice, there's really no way for anonymity on the internet.

spoof dhcp <-- Will usually end up breaking your connection, and whatever was using the ip before, also, unless they're using dumb switches, they'll know which port.

proxy <-- see rdp...

You're going to leave tracks. Short of creating a whole new identity, using only public wifi, and never using the same spot twice, there's really no way for anonymity on the internet.

Tried mentioning that to him in another thread, but seems hell bent on trying to stay anonymous, and thats damn near impossible, short of stolen wifi and not staying very long in one spot with never contacting anyone you know, sites, cookies, etc, short of live cd, macchanger, and stolen wifi and constantly on the run, you'll always be running.

I think all of them are misunderstand about my post..I know how to spoof mac/ip/dhcp and other method. exactly I want to more hidden method to hide my id. (out of my list)

I'm not a very good English writer :(

Edited by fox123

So are you asking which is the best way to hide your identity out of the options in your list? Depends on what you are trying to do.

Who are you trying to hide from? Are they on the same network as you or over the public Internet?

If you are just trying to hide all your activity over the Internet, you've already been given the answer.

> spoof mac - macchanger

> spoof ip - VPN or Proxy, both of which you have to trust the provider, and can be monitored by law enforcement or the owner of the services you use

> spoof ttl values - really not going to help, since browsers still leak info and other ways to decipher when most are HTML5 compliant today, they'll give up the answer with the right query

> spoof http header - burp or something to mitm traffic before sending it back

> spoof dhcp - not going to help you. connected to a network whether static assigned IP or DHCP, your machine shows on the network, packets have to travel back to you to reach you

> use live cd - yes, and no. Yes, use Tails, no if you're at home. Use on free wifi, and never same place twice, maybe, but don't stay too long, and don't login as yourself anywhere while on

> use rdp - um, yeah, like remote desktop to where?

> use proxy - see spoof IP

Short of breaking wifi, stealing someone else's wifi connection, with all spoofed mac, OS and on a system with no HDD using a live CD, and never connecting and logging into sites, or speaking to anyone you know, you won't have a whole lot of luck hiding tracks. All packets coming to you, in some way shape or form, leave a trail to you. Stay in one place long enough, and they will be able to triangulate you if they really wanted to. If you're that paranoid about hiding all your info, then you're most likely up to no good, and for that, you're on your own. Privacy isn't so much an issue, as you can encrypt conversations, etc, but you can not send and receive data without basic network 101. Packets need to be able to reach you, to receive them. Unless you're sending spoofed packet requests and have another node as a listener to receive files to, you'll never receive the data, and when you go to retrieve it from the other stored location, you connect, and are leaving the same trail. Sure, hacked wifi can get you on and do stuff, but only so far, and eventually, if someone wants to get to you, they will.

> spoof mac - macchanger

> spoof ip - VPN or Proxy, both of which you have to trust the provider, and can be monitored by law enforcement or the owner of the services you use

> spoof ttl values - really not going to help, since browsers still leak info and other ways to decipher when most are HTML5 compliant today, they'll give up the answer with the right query

> spoof http header - burp or something to mitm traffic before sending it back

> spoof dhcp - not going to help you. connected to a network whether static assigned IP or DHCP, your machine shows on the network, packets have to travel back to you to reach you

> use live cd - yes, and no. Yes, use Tails, no if you're at home. Use on free wifi, and never same place twice, maybe, but don't stay too long, and don't login as yourself anywhere while on

> use rdp - um, yeah, like remote desktop to where?

> use proxy - see spoof IP

Short of breaking wifi, stealing someone else's wifi connection, with all spoofed mac, OS and on a system with no HDD using a live CD, and never connecting and logging into sites, or speaking to anyone you know, you won't have a whole lot of luck hiding tracks. All packets coming to you, in some way shape or form, leave a trail to you. Stay in one place long enough, and they will be able to triangulate you if they really wanted to. If you're that paranoid about hiding all your info, then you're most likely up to no good, and for that, you're on your own. Privacy isn't so much an issue, as you can encrypt conversations, etc, but you can not send and receive data without basic network 101. Packets need to be able to reach you, to receive them. Unless you're sending spoofed packet requests and have another node as a listener to receive files to, you'll never receive the data, and when you go to retrieve it from the other stored location, you connect, and are leaving the same trail. Sure, hacked wifi can get you on and do stuff, but only so far, and eventually, if someone wants to get to you, they will.

Pretty much spot on. Either all that or just don't even connect to the WiFi.

• 5 months later...

bought a USB 4G dongle today with 10GB data 365 days expiry i had to ring the provider and tell them my name and address so i am apparently mark smith who lives in a different state then the one i'm in now. i had to provided no identification. does this not qualify as %100 anonymity?

bought a USB 4G dongle today with 10GB data 365 days expiry i had to ring the provider and tell them my name and address so i am apparently mark smith who lives in a different state then the one i'm in now. i had to provided no identification. does this not qualify as %100 anonymity?

No, because for the next 365 days any time you're on the internet with that dongle it can be traced.

No, because for the next 365 days any time you're on the internet with that dongle it can be traced.

QFE, but also, depending on the device, it's not only the triangulation, but it may periodically call home, tell the ISP about your location for coverage, and even do things like tell them what OS, browser, etc, you're using, block sites or log them for purposes of law enforced monitoring, leave your system open to reverse access from the provider depending on how you secure your system and a whole slew of other "paranoid admin", "conspiracy theory" type things I am sure are possible without even going down that road. Pretty much every ISP monitors nodes on their network to some extent and may be doing the old NSA meta data logging, or deep packet inspection, etc, so just because you lied about who you are, doesn't prevent them from gathering info on what you do while online, nor where you are, or if they want to come find you. There's no magic smoke and mirrors thats going to truly hide you these days. Short of stolen access to the internet, even then, you still have some exit point at which data comes back to your physical location in some manner or you wouldn't be able to get online.

A closed off, encrypted, private network of nodes only speaking to others on the same private network will let you speak freely amongst those in that private circle, but anything outside of that closed off network that touches the internet leaves a trail of packets to your exit/entry points physical location.

• 2 months later...

It is creepy indeed and hard to believe , but afterall Snowden set that and... is not even too complicate:

The US National Security Agency lifted sensitive information from targeted computers even if they were offline, the New York Times reported, citing information provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden.

The report alleges the NSA was capable of accessing information offline after it had placed minute circuit boards or USB cards - which did not rely on an internet connection - into around 100,000 computers. It then used radio waves to transmit data.

It looks like some SIM card attached to some mini electronic device that read and broadcast datas trough radio frequencies.

The good thing is that it have to be manually installed in order to work before you buy it. I don't think they have targeted everybody... but of course this could be the beginning of a new standardization in the near future , who knows ...

It is creepy indeed and hard to believe , but afterall Snowden set that and... is not even too complicate:

The US National Security Agency lifted sensitive information from targeted computers even if they were offline, the New York Times reported, citing information provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden.

The report alleges the NSA was capable of accessing information offline after it had placed minute circuit boards or USB cards - which did not rely on an internet connection - into around 100,000 computers. It then used radio waves to transmit data.

It looks like some SIM card attached to some mini electronic device that read and broadcast datas trough radio frequencies.

The good thing is that it have to be manually installed in order to work before you buy it. I don't think they have targeted everybody... but of course this could be the beginning of a new standardization in the near future , who knows ...

Until someone opens up a device and takes a picture of one, I don't believe it.

• 3 weeks later...

Also my guess is that you didnt register from a payphone out of your state, so I would think it may be traceable to your cell phone

Also I 100% AGREE WITH bARRY99705'S COMMENT

proxy <-- see rdp...