Pineapple issues after U.FL cable brokes

angelburnt

Hi guys,

I am experiencing strange behaviors in my pineapple. Its all started when my RP-SMA to U.FL cable broke (already noticed the forum that I am not the first one). So as i have knowledge of electronics, i opened my pineapple and did a little repair in the cable, the signal was not 100% but was 81%. And i was waiting to buy a new connector tomorrow.
The problem is that when I tested the pineapple to see if everything was okay, it began to reset itself. I did some reboots on my computer and pineapple stabilized. But now I cant provide internet through the pineapple, I also access the interface on the GUI page and start all services except starturlsnarf, if i start urlsnarf pineapples reboots again. I dont have internet on GUI also, I tried to do a fresh install of the firmware to see if i get this fixed but always appears this message:
2vke4rlsj9s744g5uivf.png
I have internet on my pc, I can access other pages but the pineapple keep saying that i dont have internet connection ... damn lucky. This is my configuration:
t0269f7u6v1hw4k9or5y.png

My questions:

1 - how do I install a new firmware to fix this sittuation without internet on GUI?

2 - Do you think the firmware update will fix this issues? (already have 2.8.0 version)
3 - Do you think the problem is in RP-SMA to U.FL cable? (i dont think so, as i have 81% signal)
I apreciate some help, thanks

1) You can download it and scp the update to the pineapple without ICS running.

2) It may, worth a shot

3) I wouldn't use a repaired one yourself. That connector is so tiny and if you have it incorrect it may not have desired results. Wait for the replacement.

Thanks Mr-Protocol, its because of guys like you that i love this community, you are always prompt to help someone ;)

Yes i saw the thinness of this cable, it took almost 30 minutes to fix it and knew it would be temporary because of signal loss (I was just 10cm distance from AP)

As you said it worth the shot will try to re-install the firmware like you said. Can you say where can i download scp?

Thanks ;)

Thanks Mr-Protocol, its because of guys like you that i love this community, you are always prompt to help someone ;)

Yes i saw the thinness of this cable, it took almost 30 minutes to fix it and knew it would be temporary because of signal loss (I was just 10cm distance from AP)

As you said it worth the shot will try to re-install the firmware like you said. Can you say where can i download scp?

Thanks ;)

SCP is Secure Copy which is built into linux distros and most ssh clients. You just need to download the firmware of choice from the website, and you can use a tool called WinSCP to copy it over.

There are instructions on http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/?flashing

SCP is Secure Copy which is built into linux distros and most ssh clients. You just need to download the firmware of choice from the website, and you can use a tool called WinSCP to copy it over.

There are instructions on http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/?flashing

Thanks Mr-Protocol, i did what you told and now my pineapple its more stable, all the services running and dont reboot itself anymore but...

still with no internet on GUI, cant install infusions :(

do you have any other trick in the hat? :unsure:

Edited by angelburnt

You do know that ufl cable is a coax cable right? Unless you have a microscope, fixing one by hand is usually just going to make it worse.

Yes, the 30 minutes trying to fix it give me the oportunity to learn something about those cables (lol) i will buy a new one today. My hurry it was just because i found new stuffs for pineapple and you know how lammers are when they find something, its like they just saw God... im that way, so i couldnt wait for the next day to try it...

but you are completely right, coax cables sucks and its better to buy a new one then try to fix it.

Thanks for your reply barry and big hug.

The default gateway at your ethernet connection with the pineapple should be 172.16.42.1

Otherwise leave it empty. This is an image from the WiFi Pineapple Booklet http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/28610-read-me-collection-of-important-posts/

attachicon.gif1.png

Thanks for the tip ;) will try it tonight... but i already had that configuration and it worked anyway i will try!