Clean Flash (Serial) - Kernel Panic

Orgino

When I start my pineapple with putty I just get Kernel Panic. I'm unable to select any options

[ 13.690000] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/init.txt for guidance.

And the tips on the wiki does not work.

Do a clean flash via wiki. Every time you see kernel panic, something has gone terribly wrong lol. Pretty sure I state in my clean flash guide if you see a kernel panic, start over.

Before it throws a kernel panic, it should show the boot options. Note: they only show if you are connected via UART.

Posted · Hidden by Sebkinne, March 12, 2013 - Post hijacker - second post now.
Hidden by Sebkinne, March 12, 2013 - Post hijacker - second post now.
Iv'e done every step by step to do a clean flash over TTL UART OVER SERIAL because iv'e bricked it.

Iv'e set the local area connection to iP 192.168.2.11 for the pinapple Iv'e set the same IP on Tftpd server.

Iv'e set up putty right, serial line COM3 speed 115200, even in the serial tab flow control none.

but putty is where i'm having a problem. once i open it i choosed 1, then i open Trtpd64 server

I set my server interface to 192.168.2.11 change my dir to the factory files

i run in putty "setenv bootargs "board=ALFA console=ttyATH0,115200 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 noinitrd"

"saveenv"

"tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin" < this is where i get stuck!

putty say's

ar7240> tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin

eth0 link down

FAIL

dup 1 speed 1000

Using eth1 device

TFTP from server "192.168.2.100";<(problem) our IP address is 192.168.2.1

Filename 'kernel.bin'.

Load address: 0x80600000

Loading: T T T T T T T T T T

Retry count exceeded; starting again

eth0 link down

FAIL

I can't get TFTP from server to connect to 192.168.2.11 it try's to connect to 192.168.2.100. on Putty

Iv'e tried everything i can think of

PLZ HELP THNKS ALOT

Ok get the same message.

Images of my settings and errors:

http://puu.sh/2gxaE

http://puu.sh/2gxdB

Okay, the kernel panic has nothing to do with you clean flashing.

I have no idea about why or how you managed to get it in that state, but that doesn't matter as you can just re-flash it.

Now, it IS strange that you are having issues with not being able to input any commands (which is why you get the kernel panic as the bootloader will try to boot the OS instead of going into interactive flash mode).

I suggest you try using Linux to flash the device - I myself don't use Windows much. If you don't have linux installed anywhere I suggest a VM - you can pass the USB uart through.

I tried it first on my ubuntu laptop. But I can't get tftpgui to work I just get this Python error:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "tftpgui.py", line 78, in <module>    from tftp_package import tftpcfg, tftp_engine  File "/home/ox/Desktop/tftpgui/tftp_package/tftpcfg.py", line 46, in <module>    import configparserImportError: No module named configparser
Edited by Orgino

I tried it first on my ubuntu laptop. But I can't get tftpgui to work I just get this Python error:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "tftpgui.py", line 78, in <module>    from tftp_package import tftpcfg, tftp_engine  File "/home/ox/Desktop/tftpgui/tftp_package/tftpcfg.py", line 46, in <module>    import configparserImportError: No module named configparser

Then use tftpd. It is a piece of cake to use!

For some reason my tftpd server wont tranfere the files from the pc to the pineapple.

Her is my config:

service tftp
{
protocol = udp
port = 69
socket_type = dgram
wait = yes
user = nobody
server = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
server_args = /tftpboot -s
disable = no
}

If I use "netstat -na | grep LIST | grep 69" I don't get anything.

tftpgui - Simple tftp server. Make sure you have the correct Python dependencies installed for the one you download. Read the readme file to understand how to use it. Extract tftpgui, then extract factoryFiles.tar to the tftpgui/tftproot/ directory. sudo python tftpgui –nogui

http://code.google.com/p/tftpgui/downloads/list

Via: http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/wiki/doku.php?id=guidecleanflashserial#software_tools_linux_buntu