Jump to content

Urgent - Need help with failed update


Dan Kuykendall
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today while preparing for a presentation I'd doing about the Pineapple for B-Sides SF, I decided to upgrade to latest dev version Version: 2.7.7
Since then my pineapple is not working. I have been playing around for awhile with no luck.
Here is what I did and what little debugging data I have been able to gather
I tried thru the web interface and it said the md5 didnt match, so I just scp'd the file to /tmp and executed sysupgrade
root@Pineapple:~# sysupgrade -n -v /tmp/upgrade.bin
Sending TERM to remaining processes ... netifd udhcpc atd crond uhttpd uhttpd dnsmasq ntpd syslogd klogd hotplug2 ubusd
Sending KILL to remaining processes ... uhttpd uhttpd ntpd
Switching to ramdisk...
Performing system upgrade...
Unlocking firmware ...


Writing from <stdin> to firmware ...
Upgrade completed
Rebooting system... 
Since then it wont work. When I power it,
Without ethernet: PWR goes on, the LAN blinks, WAN blinks, then LAN stays half-lit
Eth into PoE LAN: PWR goes on, the LAN blinks, WAN blinks, then LAN blinks a few times, then goes to half-lit
Eth into WAN/LAN: PWR goes on, the LAN blinks, WAN blinks a few times, then LAN goes to half-lit
WiFi never comes on. And it never replies to any pings. It seems dead.
The next step I am planning is to run to Fry's and pickup something like this
This would allow me to crack it open and try the Clean Flash (Serial) instructions. I hope.
I need to get this fixed for my talk on Monday or get a new device by Monday morning. HELP!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot to include the default questions. So here ya go


Pineapple Hardware Version: Mark IV

Pineapple Software Version: 2.7.7

OS used to connect to the pineapple: Windows7

Network layout of how your setup is connected (including IP information): Windows ETH LAN is set to 172.16.42.42 and plugged into PoE LAN


Ping results from computer to pineapple: Failed

Is the problem repeatable (Yes/No): Yes

Steps taken which created the problem:

Was running 2.7.0 Decided to upgrade to latest dev build 2.7.7

I SCP'd the upgrade.bin to /tmp/

sysupgrade -n -v /tmp/upgrade.bin


Error Messages: None

Log file information: Not available


Anything else that was attempted to 'fix' the problem:

Unplugged, tried reset button for 7-10 seconds, tried different cables
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol, If it said MD5 mismatch, why didn't you take the time to research it instead of rushing forward.

Only thing I can suggest is to hold down the reset button on the bottom for 10 secs, and that probably won't work, if it doesn't, you need to do a clean flash over serial.

-Foxtrot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...