Forging a single Deauth packet

BadAcidTrip

Hey,

first post here and I hope I am on the right thread.

I am trying to send a single deauth frame. Normally I can send those with aireplay-ng but the -0 1 option actually sends a bach of 128 not 1. This might not be the best idea if the admin is running an IDS for example.

I've been trying to find alternative tools for the job with not much luck.

Does anyone know if there is a tool or a way with the aircrack-ng suite to do that?

Thanks people.

Make sure they don't have IDS :)

Nmap Commands to help bypass Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)

There are several ways to confuse or help bypass IDS on targets. The easiest way is to use the switch below. You may also want to look into the Decoy switch (-D) and the Source (-S) switch to help spoof your IP address.

nmap -f (Linux/BSD only recommended)

Explanation: this fragments packets, breaking up the TCP header over several packets so the target host IDS is unable to recognise an incoming scan.

Advantage: Helps to bypass common IDS/IPS on the target.

Courtesy of: http://www.security-audit.com/blog/nmap-commands/

don't quote me, but I think hping3 can craft packets and frame headers, but I know there are other tools as well, just can't think of their names off the top of my head.

thanks for the answers guys!

I' ll try both first thing tomorrow morning and give feedback.

By the way is it just me or receiving around 128 deauth within about one sec with the aireplay-ng -0 1 is quite an obvious signature for an IDS?

Shouldn't there be an option controlling this thing?

mdk3

MDk3 is another good tool but I think that ones like a sledghammer too. lol. That can kick eveyrone off, but can also be scripted to target specific mac addresses and whitelist others, so a good tool to play with.

MDk3 is another good tool but I think that ones like a sledghammer too. lol. That can kick eveyrone off, but can also be scripted to target specific mac addresses and whitelist others, so a good tool to play with.

true, but I am looking to send a single deauth packet and not multiple ones. MDK3 as far as I know sends A LOT to all (except those macs you specify in a whitelist)