Bigger San Disk Fit Drive

SFisher

Hey guys,

I was planning a long term use pineapple and was considering a larger flash drive than the 4Gb fit drive, for storing a larger bank of phishing sites and logging of information. Though I understand 4Gb will hold a lot of information of this nature my plan is to implement this in a long term way were I may not be able to get access to it for quite a while ie months.

San Disk makes a 16 Gb version of the fit and I was wondering if anyone had tried it and had problems with the pineapple only recognizing a certain amount of the drive or not recognizing it at all.

Thoughts/concerns welcome.

I hope you will be running your pineapple in a cooled/controlled temp environment.

You may want to test the stability of running the pineapple for extended time with the tools you want running without logs and see if it will be stable with the tools you use for that long.

In theory, you can use any size flash drive as long as it's formatted properly.

Very good point. My design is vented with a very low powered fan. I will run it for a good while before launching in the field.

I'm glad to hear that the size shouldn't be a problem provided the formatting is correct. Though this is something I will test before hand as well. I just didn't want to pay for shipping and customs on the drive if it wasn't going to work... It's interesting how a $12.00 flash drive can become a $38.00 product once the good old gov gets a hold of it lol.

Very good point. My design is vented with a very low powered fan. I will run it for a good while before launching in the field.

I'm glad to hear that the size shouldn't be a problem provided the formatting is correct. Though this is something I will test before hand as well. I just didn't want to pay for shipping and customs on the drive if it wasn't going to work... It's interesting how a $12.00 flash drive can become a $38.00 product once the good old gov gets a hold of it lol.

Only issue I see is the fact that a lot of San Disk Fit drives (all sizes) are affected of this odd read-only bug. The company is aware of it and exchanges devices.. still a pain.

Just wanted to put that out there.

If you want to avoid the bugs and still have be low-profile, checkout the Super Talent Pico. I have a pineapple thats been on and running for 2 months now and its still kicking.

telot

SFisher be aware of the power needs. If you're going to plug it in and use the AC adapter it should work fine. But if you're using something exotic like solar powered rechargeable battery pack... there may be issues.

Good call. My plan was to use AC power, I was unsure if the solar power would be reliable enough. I had heard of people using a solar panel before but I figured that would be a larger setup.

My plan is to install it in a drop ceiling where I happened to find an outlet to plug into. Long term launch in a cafeteria of a company.