Bartender Module

Hey everyone,

A feature which we wanted to build into the pineapple for some time is an easy way to create modules.

Currently creating modules is complicated and simply a hassle and may scare of people with great ideas.

This is why the Bartender was born!

Rather than making it part of the current firmware the Bartender feature will be released as a module to enable faster updates if the module system changes.

One thing though, updating the module will cause a loss of all your created projects, so make sure to back these up.

This will be addressed in the next module update.

Just remember, this is just a basic module creator, in the future it will:

• Allow code upload.
  • Direct module submission from your pineapple.
  • Projects persistent through a Bartender update.
  • Quite a lot more.

To use the Bartender, simply download the module and follow the instructions there.

Please leave any feedback, comments or suggestions here.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Great work, although I might prefer to code manually I'll definitely have a look into this.

Good job on giving more people an opportunity to contribute to this project!

Edited by Dazzle

Great work, although I might prefer to code manually I'll definitely have a look into this.

Good job on giving more people an opportunity to contribute to this project!

You have to code manually anyway, the bartender will not code for you.

Though, it will include things such as building in the CSS etc at a later stage. Way later.

This module allows you to manage, and pack your infusions. You would be surprised by the number of small mistakes one can make that will render the modules useless.

The Bartender just puts your code into the format it should be ;)

This module allows you to manage, and pack your infusions. You would be surprised by the number of small mistakes one can make that will render the modules useless.

Should I take it personally :P ?

No, seriously, very nice idea ! I have one question though: does it means that modules should now only be developed and packed with Bartender ? What about previous modules ? Do they need to be repacked through Bartender ?

No, seriously, very nice idea ! I have one question though: does it means that modules should now only be developed and packed with Bartender ? What about previous modules ? Do they need to be repacked through Bartender ?

No, not personal at all!

To make it easier on yourself, use bartender. Nothing needs to be changed with the previous versions at all :)

If you would rather do it yourself that is fine too, but at a later point modules will only be submitable through the bartender.

Best,

Sebkinne

hey Seb

I am trying to add my latest blacklister v2.3.

not sure if the files go in with the module.conf or /blacklister/?

both ways give me an ftp web page to the directory when trying to launch?

I tried installing to internal and usb.

Say your module name is blacklister, place all your files into the directory the module.conf file is in. The bartender will automatically move files around for you.

I will make the instructions more clean in the next update.

Thanks!

Say your module name is blacklister, place all your files into the directory the module.conf file is in. The bartender will automatically move files around for you.

I will make the instructions more clean in the next update.

Thanks!

that's what i did but when I hit launch it just links to the folder with a listing of the files?

I made sure to set blacklister.php as the start page in the bartender module. maybe It is linking to index.php and not the name provided in the module.conf?

that's what i did but when I hit launch it just links to the folder with a listing of the files?

I made sure to set blacklister.php as the start page in the bartender module. maybe It is linking to index.php and not the name provided in the module.conf?

Yes. It will just show you your directory as it doesn't parse the modules.conf file yet.

I WILL get to that though..

You have to code manually anyway, the bartender will not code for you.

Though, it will include things such as building in the CSS etc at a later stage. Way later.

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll look into it when I get the chance

Great work!