Pineapple Mark Iii

I was wondering that for the Pineapple Mark III, are you able to use the Fon or Fon+ or do you need to use the new hardware? Also, is there some sort of guide for making one start to finish? I can not find anything on the wiki like stated in the recent episode.

Thanks for your help and response guys!

I'm sort of in the same boat as MDauer,

I've got a Ubiquiti Networks Bullet 2 HP partly working (thanks to BIGtoe - Clicky). Also, I have purchased a Pineapple III so I can compare what I've done with the Bullet against the Pineapple III. What I would like to see is a list of all of the required modules their sources and recommended / suggested hardware on the wiki.

I was wondering that for the Pineapple Mark III, are you able to use the Fon or Fon+ or do you need to use the new hardware? Also, is there some sort of guide for making one start to finish? I can not find anything on the wiki like stated in the recent episode.

Thanks for your help and response guys!

people are reporting that the mark III uses the alpha ap51

http://www.amazon.com/Alfa-AP51-802-11b-Wireless-G-Router/dp/B0040LY6IC

From the conversations I had with Alfa via email, the AP51 and the iMesh51 are the same hardware specs. I will try to check into that more to really confirm.

I was under the impression that the iMesh51 had more output power. I would be interested in this also keep us posted.

From the conversations I had with Alfa via email, the AP51 and the iMesh51 are the same hardware specs. I will try to check into that more to really confirm.

thanks for your work Mr-Protocol. Please keep me posted.

i guess whats more important is, can we get the goods to flash it with. Thats the 1k dollar question. Surely its opensource.

Filtering in the Mark III is done via hardware address, not SSID, so you would need to first find the bssid of the AP you want to white/black list and add it to the accept or deny config files.

The PSU is 12v1a but I guarantee you it runs fine from both the 4xAA battery pack as well as USB.