Does Hak 5 Cover This...

ReportedFall

Hello I have just heard about Hak 5 on a scam school episode and I was wondering does scam school talk about Keyloggers,Rats(Remote Administrator Tool),VPNs,DDoS,DoS,SQLi,XSS,HTML,Defacing Website...the true meaning of hacking. I don't care about jail breaking a iPod I want to have a real conversation with a professional hacker who can also take down a website,rat,keylog,etc.

So does Hak 5 staff or members talk about that kind of stuff?

We may discuss, but we condone nothing illegal. We will not "teach uber leet hacker" whatever. We can have intelligent discussions on topics but by all means don't think we are here to "hack the planet".

Maybe you should watch Darren's video on Hackers vs Cyber Criminals so you understand the difference (true meaning of hacking).

http://www.hak5.org/backstage/hackers-versus-cyber-criminals

Edited by Mr-Protocol

Defacing websites, running key loggers, or script kiddy DoS attacks, doesn't make you a hacker, it makes you a criminal. If thats what you think hacking really is, then you are in the wrong place, plain and simple.

If you want to know the true meaning of hacking, watch this video:

Note: Based on some google searches, the op seems to be a bit of a troll and a problem on several other forum sites.

HAK5 Profile:

AIM:

christianruenes@yahoo.com

MSN:

christianruenes@hotmail.com

Website URL:

http://www.ReportedGaming.Com/

Yahoo:

christianruenes@yahoo.com

And then another profile on:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/307430-completed/

AIM-Christianruenes@yahoo.com

Paypal-Christianruenes@yahoo.com

DONATIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

CO-HOST-x MATr1x x

Message Reportedfall v2 saying I LOVE YOU for an invite

If he is 14, then how by chance did he set up a paypal account? You can't set one up without providing a real bank account and a credit card, so I'm just calling him out. Bad enough we get spammers, we don't need trolls as well.

Edited by digip

Most of those things I don't seen an issue in discussing on an academic level, they're all quite fun. However it's the motivation that matters, so while I have no problem with learning about the weaknesses inherent in website designs defacing a site is just childish.Mainly because if you have access you shouldn't,. you need to keep quiet about it so it remains useful.

If he is 14, then how by chance did he set up a paypal account? You can't set one up without providing a real bank account and a credit card, so I'm just calling him out. Bad enough we get spammers, we don't need trolls as well.

I'm not sure about the age, but I setup a paypal account and I did not link a bank account or CC to it. You only have to do that to verify for like business or payment transactions or something. I was able to have someone paypal transfer to my account and I have no credit card or bank attached.

But yes, he is 14 and apparently doesn't understand what he wants.

yup hacking is such a broad term it means a lot more than just breaking in to computers

don't stop learning & google is your friend ;0)

there's lots of torrents and youtube videos ... but if you really want to jump right in i suggest u check out metasploit ;)

its very easy to configure and there's plenty of docs & how2's

also backtrack 4 is the hackers Swiss army knife ... crazy amount of tools :)

ps.

hacking is highly addictive be warned ... much in the same way as lock picking ... but thats a whole other ball park

Edited by Trip

I'm not sure about the age, but I setup a paypal account and I did not link a bank account or CC to it. You only have to do that to verify for like business or payment transactions or something. I was able to have someone paypal transfer to my account and I have no credit card or bank attached.

But yes, he is 14 and apparently doesn't understand what he wants.

Thats odd, because when I set mine up, they made me give them a credit card and bank account, address, #ssn. They report your earnings to the IRS as well for tax purposes, so not sure why you didn't have to fill all that out. Do you live in the U.S.?

Yup, I live in US. Dunno but I didn't have to bind an account with it or anything. Believe me they wanted me to but I never did :D.

The most they have is my phone number.

There are 3 types of accounts. Personal (buy things online), Premier (Buy and sell things online), and Business.

I believe i have the Personal account type.

Edited by Mr-Protocol

Yup, I live in US. Dunno but I didn't have to bind an account with it or anything. Believe me they wanted me to but I never did :D.

The most they have is my phone number.

There are 3 types of accounts. Personal (buy things online), Premier (Buy and sell things online), and Business.

I believe i have the Personal account type.

So how would you cash out the money or spend it? Or are you just sitting on a wad of cash...Are you using MoneyPak?

Edited by digip

I pay for things using paypal. Had someone put money in it for a favor i did. Of course paypal took some taxes out on it so i got slightly more than what was transfered. Went to a website that supports paypal and away i go.

Can't really "Cash out", i just spend it.

Edited by Mr-Protocol

Based on his youtube channel, I'd say he probably is 14. At least his voice sounds like that of a 14 year old.

Yeah, found his youtube. there is a vid on it about how Darren is "exposed" as a "cheater" on the scam school dollar trick.

Yes there was a slip up. but early in that game it doesn't matter, once you get down to the last ones the 4 count flip will not work. It's math.

This kid is a fool.

In the end he is more of a script kiddie. As some mentioned, hacking is not about breaking into computer systems, but knowing how something works from inside/outside. This is what makes a true hacker. If you want to be a true hacker, you need to be more than just a script kiddie, you need to think outside the box, you need to experiment, talk to other people in the field, read and more importantly watch Hak5 to get the real taste of what a real hacker is.