Video Editing

darkzar99

Does anyone know of a good Video Editing program (besides pinnacle or adobe premiere) for windows? I would prefer that it have 64-bit support and even better if it was open source.

Oh, btw it has to be able to capture from a DV Camera also since thats where i will get the video from

I used to use pinnacle but i gave up on it because it would always freeze up my computer and when i would burn dvds with it, it would just crap out so i said forget it, and when i open adobe premiere on my computer it crashes and the entire computer shuts off and restarts

So 64-bit open source dv editor, is there such thing?

I didnt know he had a budget of hundreds of dollars...

Vegas 6 is about $450-$500 alone.

There's Ulead VideoStudio for cheap, check here

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

I don't know how much you want to spend but Vegas 6 is awesome. There's Apple Final Cut which is also really good but $400. Avid Express DV is $500, Pro is around $1700. Ulead Megastudio is around the same pricing.

General info - http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/softwarer...s/l/bl_hisw.htm

These guys are a great source of info - http://www.videoguys.com/article.htm

sony vagas for the win its only expensive if you dont know the er.. right shops to buy it from.

as far as 64 bit support no as far as i know is 32 bit code realy doesnt mater there will be no performance increase.

give up with this 64 bit crazyness untill evryone take it up, drivers are limited for hardware. its till not worth it yet. Now dual core or quad core now were talking :P

give up with this 64 bit crazyness untill evryone take it up, drivers are limited for hardware. its till not worth it yet. Now dual core or quad core now were talking Razz

actually its mainly windows that isn't great with 64-bit drivers, and only then it tends to be peripherals with the main hardware support mostly.

Linux 64-bit versions run very well I find with nearly all drivers available in 32-bit linux now with 64-bit sisters.

sony vagas for the win its only expensive if you dont know the er.. right shops to buy it from.

as far as 64 bit support no as far as i know is 32 bit code realy doesnt mater there will be no performance increase.

give up with this 64 bit crazyness untill evryone take it up, drivers are limited for hardware. its till not worth it yet. Now dual core or quad core now were talking :P

if its not against the rules to post here, but what is a good shop to buy it from?

If you have a lot of money to spend then you should go with some of the products from Avid as it’s the industry standard and Avid Xpress Pro is just as good as Sony Vegas but if you want to buy their hardware then it’s going to be expensive, so Sony Vegas is still the best out the box solution.