Proxy

deadinside

Or even better with Apache, PHP and phproxy you will be able to bypass any school firewall restriction.

Edited by Infiltrator

Or even better with Apache, PHP and phproxy you will be able to bypass any school firewall restriction.

just be mindful that your dns queries aren't sent thru the proxy unless specified in about:config in firefox. (network.proxy.socks_remote_dns) needs to be toggled, if not already done so. default setting pulls the queries from your client not proxy, IIRC. any good sysadmin can eventually see what you're doing if not set.

Edited by foo

just be mindful that your dns queries aren't sent thru the proxy unless specified in about:config in firefox. (network.proxy.socks_remote_dns) needs to be toggled, if not already done so. default setting pulls the queries from your client not proxy, IIRC. any good sysadmin can eventually see what you're doing if not set.

Sorry forgot to mention that one? Thanks for letting me know.

any good sysadmin can eventually see what you're doing if not set.

A good sysadmin can see what you are doing no matter how you try to proxy yourself, even if using an SSH or DNS tunnel, they could firewall rule them out and get alerts if people tried it.

A good sysadmin can see what you are doing no matter how you try to proxy yourself, even if using an SSH or DNS tunnel, they could firewall rule them out and get alerts if people tried it.

well that's fairly obvious to assume that wink.gif. i was just letting him/whoever know that it's an easy thing to overlook

Edited by foo

well that's fairly obvious to assume that wink.gif. i was just letting him/whoever know that it's an easy thing to overlook

One way or the other, no matter what you do you are always being watched.

Also a word of warning, I am no expert, but when I set up my SSH from work to home. When I'd get home and check the event logs, the ssh account had been hammered most of the day with people trying to guess the password. No one ever did but it's worrying. Oh and I didn't realise I was actually breaking the code of connection in our company. Their security was so shit though, no one ever noticed.

To answer the actual question. I used this guide

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/Ssh/...DesktopSSH.html

Also a word of warning, I am no expert, but when I set up my SSH from work to home. When I'd get home and check the event logs, the ssh account had been hammered most of the day with people trying to guess the password. No one ever did but it's worrying. Oh and I didn't realise I was actually breaking the code of connection in our company. Their security was so shit though, no one ever noticed.

To answer the actual question. I used this guide

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/Ssh/...DesktopSSH.html

That's what I used before, I am now using FreeSSHD, from Darren's segment.