Steam For Mac

markhimself

Yes, Steam for Mac has been confirmed to be released in about 2 weeks, with L4D 1 and 2 native for mac, with Cross platform ownership - you wont have to buy the game again to run it on Mac!

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3570

All source games will be available on the Mac, and you will not have to re-purchase them. In addition saved games will be sync'd across all your accounts :)

Well it's nice to see some games actually being released for the Mac, the latest release if I am correct was Bioshock, and that came out quite a while ago.

I still maintain if you want a gaming machine, a properly built PC is the way to go. It's up to 50% cheaper then a Mac for essentially identical specs.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that because Steam is now for Mac, that they will probably now go on to make a linux version, yet I seriously doubt this (sorry Linux guys).

I think the reason that Steam/Valve Games have come to Mac because its too big a market share to ignore now. (~15% of 2 Billion Internet Users). Linux's Market share is just too small to warrant any effort from them (at least yet anyway).

STEAM COMMING TO MAC? *GASP* IT MUST BE THE APOCALYPSE RUN FOR YOUR LIVE *POINTS AND FAKE ZOMBIE...* JK this is kinda nice .... but I dont think ill run out to buy a mac just yet ....unless M$ does somthing REALLY stupid *hopes that steam comes to nux soon*