Hd Camera Setup

jimiz

In the most recent hak5, Darren gave snubs a hak5 mobile camera setup. I'm interested in what kind of gear was in the bag. I've been looking to get a new video setup and wanted to see what the Hak5 team (Darren) has come up with? Anyone know what kind of HD vid camera that was?

Search the forums. Darren covered this before, but the cameras have probably change several times. I remember another thread where it was addressed though.

Edited by digip

I have a Canon XLHA1-S HDV 1080i camera - takes amazing video in all conditions, only issue is its a little front heavy and bad for your wrists when taking guerilla shots. Also got a Canon XL2 which is not as good at all, and isnt HD. Got a JVC Everio HD HDD Camcorder which is pretty consumer suck, and a JVC mini dv handycam thing from like 5 years ago.

FOLLOW-UP:

I sent a message to feedback@hak5.org and Darren responded with some info. For those who are interested here is the setup:

"Shannon is using a 3rd generation Vado HD, a set of umbrella lamps, a wired Audio Technica lapel mic and all the supporting tripods and such."

• 1 month later...
FOLLOW-UP:

I sent a message to feedback@hak5.org and Darren responded with some info. For those who are interested here is the setup:

"Shannon is using a 3rd generation Vado HD, a set of umbrella lamps, a wired Audio Technica lapel mic and all the supporting tripods and such."

Nice set up, I am getting myself a Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera. So I can record some of my RC flying stunts and post it in youtube. Apart from that, great stuff dude and thanks for posting that up.

If it's an RC plane you're attaching the camera to might I recommend something much smaller.

http://www.veho-uk.com/productdetail.aspx?id=99

The Muvi Atom is only 1.57 inches tall.

Hi Darren,

This camera won't be traveling on the plane, I will have someone by my side filming my stunts with it. But I will try to attach your recommended camera to the plane somehow. Alternatively do you know of any other camera smaller than that, that also has wireless capabilities?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Infiltrator