Jasager installed now what

Right so I seem to be having trouble locating any documentation on how exactly to set up a MiTM attack with Jasager.

http://www.digininja.org/jasager/ <--- Is of no help at all.

I need to know the steps for how to make this work. This is what I've done so far

So I connect to a wireless AP with my laptop.

I connect my laptop to the Fon via eth cable.

I share the connection of my wireless card with my eth interface on my computer.

NO one is attempting to connect to Jasager but it's turned on and everything is working. So I must not have something set up right.

Any help?

NO one is attempting to connect to Jasager but it's turned on and everything is working. So I must not have something set up right.

Any help?

Hmm... Sorry to advise something simple, but did you turn Karma on?

and learning from digininja: the wiki tutorial referenced above doesn't get it working fully. The DHCP server has to run on the Fon (setup by default) to allow you to see the assigned IP in the jasager interface.

And with respect to MitM, As its already in the middle, you just fire up wireshark to get some packets.

Say you want to do some more interesting stuff: ettercap filters are pretty fun.

Right so I seem to be having trouble locating any documentation on how exactly to set up a MiTM attack with Jasager.

http://www.digininja.org/jasager/ <--- Is of no help at all.

I need to know the steps for how to make this work. This is what I've done so far

So I connect to a wireless AP with my laptop.

I connect my laptop to the Fon via eth cable.

I share the connection of my wireless card with my eth interface on my computer.

Any help?

What do you mean by NO one is attempting to connect? If no one is attempting to connect then Jasager can't do anything, you need something to attempt to connect so that Karma can kick in and accept their connection.

Do you have wifi devices set trying to connect to networks? The best way to test this is to have a client try to connect to an ESSID of "findme" and see if it connects. Forget ICS and stuff like that for now, just see if you are getting connections.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
if everyone around you is already happily using the wifi thats there you won't get anyone, so just bump them off with a deauth

i have set up ics have connected with my test machine, im running windows (also have bt4) but havent set up the fon to run with linux yet, i know how to do a deauth with bt but not sure how or waht programme to use in windows to get the same result, any help is appriecitated.

forget deauth in windows unless you have an airpcap card which cost so much money you would know if you had one.

Basically windows doesn't do packet injection so no deauth

i have a pineapple, when i got it i set up ics as per jason conleys excellent tutorial, however it seems pointless as you cannot do a deauth to get clients with windows.

so now i've fired up bt4 im guessing i will have to set up ics again with backtrack,

will i have to do the entire setup again as per ehcoblacks post 'internet connection sharing on linux'

or is the pineapple alreaday configured so i can get straight into karma and fire it up?

thanks

Edited by dualboot

google search http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Internet_Connect...mit_Der_Jasager

and click on cached .. it will be there

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@wiki.hak5.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 Server at wiki.hak5.org Port 80"

this is hak site problem or my?

I apologize for my English, i am from czech. rep.

*re

on google i click on "archive" and works.. :) THX

Edited by jakub