What project are you working on?

donito

Just wondering what kinds of hardware projects others have been working on to maybe spark some new ideas. I've become very interested in embedded linux and now I've become addicted to Fon/Accton hardware thanks to the Jasager project. I'm interested in hearing what other kind of hardware people are working with and what you are doing with it.

I've thought about buying a Soekris box or maybe an Alix board to play with. The Beagleboard looks like fun too. Or maybe even one of these: http://www.mini-box.com/Samsung-S3C2440A-400MHz

I've been looking into makeing/modding a tabletop arcade cabinet. Primarily I was looking for an empty shell, then fill in the guts with a computer and roms of the Atari games I own.

Software isn't so much the problem here though. It's the shell. They're not that easy to come by in my next of the woods, and making one in my downtown apartment isn't an option. I noticed there's a few places that sell them online, but they're $2000+ with everything inside. I could buy just the shell, but with shipping and conversion to Canadian, it would be about $1000. Considering all it would be is about $150 in wood + accessories , $40 for the I-Pac controller, and $70 for brand new joysticks and buttons, that's a far cry from $1000.

I've been looking into makeing/modding a tabletop arcade cabinet. Primarily I was looking for an empty shell, then fill in the guts with a computer and roms of the Atari games I own.

Software isn't so much the problem here though. It's the shell. They're not that easy to come by in my next of the woods, and making one in my downtown apartment isn't an option. I noticed there's a few places that sell them online, but they're $2000+ with everything inside. I could buy just the shell, but with shipping and conversion to Canadian, it would be about $1000. Considering all it would be is about $150 in wood + accessories , $40 for the I-Pac controller, and $70 for brand new joysticks and buttons, that's a far cry from $1000.

i saw a how to on this once. to bad i don't remember where it's at.

been working with a team to build an amateur satellite for the past four years. its up and running, and it is being demoed in Dayton this week/end. And really any project I do at work almost becomes a personal project, just to much fun to leave "work" at the door.

been working with a team to build an amateur satellite for the past four years. its up and running, and it is being demoed in Dayton this week/end. And really any project I do at work almost becomes a personal project, just to much fun to leave "work" at the door.

Where's the demo taking place, on the base? Is it open to the public?

i saw a how to on this once. to bad i don't remember where it's at.

you may be referring to the webcast Systm. There was a 5 part series on how to make a cabinet. Would be nice, but I don't have the room. :(

donito: Dayton Hamvention at one of the AMSAT booths.

The AMSAT Forum will be held on Saturday, May 16 in Meeting Room 5 from 11:15 to 13:30. The schedule includes:

AMSAT VP-Member & User Services and SuitSat-2 Systems Engineer Gould Smith, WA4SXM will give a talk on "SuitSat-2 Status Report." Members of the SuitSat-2 team will have a complete operational SuitSat prototype with an experiment at the AMSAT Booth.

• 2 weeks later...

Check Season One for a Desktop model including blueprints.

and here is the one i made the other month

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12237

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing with the tanks the other day, had alittle idea to mod one of the pcbs to be a wifi web server that will hang off my badge at work. it would be about 1" x 1.5" and less then 1/2" thick(not included a power source). I might have to start another thread on this one thou,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you plan on launching it, or how did you launch it?

Any website that we can go to for us non USAians to look at it?