What is it called?

Phredsir

What is it called?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is the place where you buy food at a moive theater called?

• Concession Stand
    • Food Court
    • Other

Depends on the culture, but most people call them concession stands, while some movie theaters call them snack bars. Never heard them called a food court though.

http://www.slate.com/id/2169127/nav/tap3/

Personally I call it highway robbery. Who wants to spend $30.00 for a box of popcorn, a soda and maybe a box of goobers. It's more like a toll booth to get to your destination, the movie.

There is always the possibility of a movie theater in a mall attached to the food court. We have one like that close to us, so it depends on the location as well. The Moorestown Mall in NJ does not have a concession stand. When you walk in to the mall at the food court, the theater is also right there at the entrance, so I guess it depends on the situation, but more than likely, if its a stand alone theater, your at a concession or snack stand.

In the US, the Food Court is in a Mall, the Concession Stand is at the movies.

In the UK, we don't have Malls, so we don't have Food Courts. If you asked where the Concession Stand was, people would direct you to the nearest Church - for Confession. You'd need to ask where you can buy food. I would call it 'the food shop'. Shop being the British word for Store.

Thanks for all your input guys. I thought that a food court referred to a collection of more than one food vendor. Would you agree with that? Also never thought of snack bar but your right Its almost more popular than concession stand.

Thanks for all your input guys. I thought that a food court referred to a collection of more than one food vendor. Would you agree with that? Also never thought of snack bar but your right Its almost more popular than concession stand.

Yeah I would say that's what a food court is.

We also call it a snack bar here to. It just really depends on who says it.