PandoraSaver

ZigZagJoe

I know... we always feel the need to clean up source before letting anyone see it.

Ah, OK. I see that now. That is nice. Yes the 127.0.0.1 could be an issue remotely though. I would really like to see current playing song in the status page. Also, you could do an img src to the sniffed url to the cover art, so the album cover would display in the web page.

Have you looked at OpenPandora? Source code is available, and it allows for sending thumbs up/down.

http://code.google.com/p/openpandora/sourc...unk/OpenPandora

Current playing song is easy enough - It'd just check the fader window for the current info it has. Simple enough. (it knows all the song data for the current song it is displaying).

Just looked at openpandora. It in short sends key messages to pandora to have it do the work. However, that's the same approach I use, so I can implement that too. I didn't know +/- keys would rate a song on pandora.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally I could make it to work. Thanks !

However, it started in turbo mode. Sniffing songs like crazy. After a while it started to show,

"Its taking longer than expected..."

even when I dont use Sproxy.

I deleted temp internet files but still doing the same. Changing station , creating station. nothing works.

Finally I could make it to work. Thanks !

However, it started in turbo mode. Sniffing songs like crazy. After a while it started to show,

"Its taking longer than expected..."

even when I dont use Sproxy.

I deleted temp internet files but still doing the same. Changing station , creating station. nothing works.

Post the log here if you don't mind ( go to http://127.0.0.1:8888/log )

Also, what is your internet connection?

-

A note, if one's internet connection is slower than 1.6 mbs (download speeds less than 200kb/s max) you should use low bandwidth mode in SProxy settings, as your connection is too slow to allow regular mode from working correctly, never mind turbo mode. This is because Pandora is very impatient for data, only allowing 10 seconds for transfer to start from the time connection succeeded, before trying to download another song, and so on. It will sniff many songs and possibly rip some but pandora will not play properly.

I've just found deezer.com, which even with all it's tedium can be a nice complement to Pandora, and noted previous refs to getting fiddler, et al, to work there.

How about PS and PS, talent?

Please post personal players that play the PS ripped mp4 files natively (ACC+). I saw the new Zunes play MP4 but not sure about ACC+. I don't know of any non-Apples which do, though I have little experience.

I've just found deezer.com, which even with all it's tedium can be a nice complement to Pandora, and noted previous refs to getting fiddler, et al, to work there.

How about PS and PS, talent?

Please post personal players that play the PS ripped mp4 files natively (ACC+). I saw the new Zunes play MP4 but not sure about ACC+. I don't know of any non-Apples which do, though I have little experience.

Hrm, deezer is interesting indeed. Love the first playlist it made when I tried it. However, I've not been able to figure out the metadata format yet (the data downloaded does not match the song being played). Audio seems to be in a FLV container, mp3 128kb. Simple to extract. If I can figure out the metadata it would be simple to write a ripper plugin for it. Eventually perhaps it could be integrated into PS but for now I'd just do it separately.

Okay, it can be decoded. Fields are delimited by 0x02 0x00, then a random char, then field data. 3 NULL in a row delimits playlist entries. Field six is contained in the URL, so just need to look for an entry with matching data.

Entry start seems to be 0x02 0x00 0x07 and ends with 0x02 0x00 0x00. Sometime individual fields seem to have common start chars...

Playlist data does not seem to change field order, nor do the garbage chars denote the field.

field seven and eight always prefixed with 0x02 0x00 and space

URL data format- http:// proxy-*.deezer.com/rewrite/<unk hex data>/<field seven of playlist info>/<unk hex data>/<unk hex data>/<comma separated flash version number>/

Extracting the mp3 data would be simple -

mplayer -dumpaudio temp_file_name

then move stream.dump to file_name.mp3

Playlist data example (after changing delimiters)

&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;2949256&lt;del&gt;Here in This Place (From Les Indes galantes, La Danse des Sauvages)&lt;del&gt;186109&lt;del&gt;Paul And Louise&lt;del&gt;286592&lt;del&gt;Private Domain&lt;del&gt;99fcef6f3809eadbac0718c4bebe76ba&lt;del&gt;e19767f8303b97e9d4909e623fa112e8&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;237&lt;del&gt;3&lt;del&gt;1&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;1134336&lt;del&gt;Second Chance&lt;del&gt;16848&lt;del&gt;Liam Finn&lt;del&gt;121661&lt;del&gt;I'll Be Lightning&lt;del&gt;8425584aa26330a6a6bec35b61a0d833&lt;del&gt;2a89e91313cbf20503d4594c8bcc96a7&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;292&lt;del&gt;1&lt;del&gt;2&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;2789464&lt;del&gt;Another girl (the model song)&lt;del&gt;166099&lt;del&gt;Kim Cao&lt;del&gt;271105&lt;del&gt;Plug me in&lt;del&gt;4add9319835d786f6f1951bf606762c0&lt;del&gt;51002ea958ed1e0fe4a0594a3b41f9d2&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;213&lt;del&gt;1&lt;del&gt;1&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;2704011&lt;del&gt;Waiting&lt;del&gt;159926&lt;del&gt;Lazhar&lt;del&gt;261347&lt;del&gt;Animal 7&lt;del&gt;721a6a451922aba6755f23df9a0a288d&lt;del&gt;f2e00a8ccd6dbc40d9e14c2ac56fadd0&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;192&lt;del&gt;1&lt;del&gt;1&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;2221003&lt;del&gt;Too Much Space&lt;del&gt;13366&lt;del&gt;Hey Hey My My&lt;del&gt;27228&lt;del&gt;Hey Hey My My&lt;del&gt;5ca57b840733e603d1a5481bfd24915d&lt;del&gt;440a5ff687b7e8110b0b41c142ed9b2f&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;213&lt;del&gt;15&lt;del&gt;11&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;2802525&lt;del&gt;Quand je marche&lt;del&gt;95467&lt;del&gt;Bensé&lt;del&gt;272308&lt;del&gt;Quand je marche&lt;del&gt;4683402335df506f3c18b7c90882d6bb&lt;del&gt;0d0550da87a784680d89f229514fdf43&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;194&lt;del&gt;13&lt;del&gt;1&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;2891627&lt;del&gt;Sugar baby&lt;del&gt;66619&lt;del&gt;Kohann&lt;del&gt;281149&lt;del&gt;Hypnotic&lt;del&gt;278dfc57f03b33244e0a0e47f6c427ff&lt;del&gt;4d964db57c1291c1b388c398e3b9c36c&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;254&lt;del&gt;1&lt;del&gt;8&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;306742&lt;del&gt;Hello&lt;del&gt;58368&lt;del&gt;Clara Oleg&lt;del&gt;48180&lt;del&gt;Romantic insane&lt;del&gt;da0ef46f52f3b19833b84b2a9afdfb8b&lt;del&gt;cf33cbd5290d331adf4d83a0165f965d&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;155&lt;del&gt;1&lt;del&gt;2&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;2694523&lt;del&gt;Love Everlasting&lt;del&gt;63734&lt;del&gt;Jeremy Jay&lt;del&gt;260665&lt;del&gt;Love Everlasting&lt;del&gt;19f6f785e41e0d1ea985347a16abdf2f&lt;del&gt;854a421fc411f4bded70ea297af939b1&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;206&lt;del&gt;6&lt;del&gt;1&lt;entryend&gt;
&lt;playdel&gt;
&lt;entrystart&gt;2834665&lt;del&gt;A sound that never sets&lt;del&gt;56094&lt;del&gt;Guns Of Brixton&lt;del&gt;275056&lt;del&gt;Cap Adare&lt;del&gt;47b54bbe4e1443cd312a572b194e5e0d&lt;del&gt;fb563af89061bd4d22d912f556f23190&lt;del&gt;0&lt;del&gt;124&lt;del&gt;1&lt;del&gt;4&lt;entryend&gt;

<entrystart> = 0x02 0x00 0x07 (last one may be 0x06 in other format??)

<entryend> = 0x00 0x00 0x00

<del> = 0x02 0x00 0x??

<playdel> = 0x00 0x00 0x00

Known field format:

<entrystart>unk1<del>songTitle<del>unk2<del>Artist<del>unk3<del>Album<del>songId<del>unk4<del>unk5<del>songLen<del>unk6<del>unk7<entryend>

I'm guessing one of the last unknowns is a key in a list of genre names that was rec'ed in an earlier request.

It seems that another playlist format is also used, i'm not sure if it is similar enough to be able to be parsed by the same parser.

No, they are not similar enough. The concept seems to be similar but there are significant differences in the formats. Notably, the second one had a closing tag which notes the field number.

Also, I'm working on the status page for PS, to allow playpause/skip/songinfo etc remotely. Blame brofix, for he made me look at this.

I know a lot of you probably don't use iTunes but this is something I just noticed...I was renaming the files from MP4 to M4A so that I could just highlight and <enter> for auto-import to iTunes. What I noticed in iTunes was the time of the song was displaying incorrectly - almost double the actual playtime, but I could live with it. BUT I didn't realize that if I either imported or dragged the actual .MP4 file into iTunes, it would show the correct playtime. Stupid me! So I guess I'm not gonna have to rename these files from here on!
^^ this is the closest thing I could find to answering my question, did I miss something? O__O

Alright, I know I'm probably such a newb for asking this question. How do you get the songs to work on itunes?

I have started downloading from Pandora and everything is hunky dory, converting them to MP3's as I download - I can even play the songs in Windows media player. But they just won't play in itunes. They won't even open in itunes.

What did I do wrong/what can I do to fix this so I can put them on my ipod?

For Deezer, Freezer works fairly well, were we not spoiled rotten. For that blame ZZJ, and may he get cracking on this one in the very near future.

http://musicfreezer.freehostia.com/howto/

Got the automatic ripping of the bit on the main page where you can hit play and have it play, not worked on the other bits yet. But that should not be too hard.

This one is gonna be quite a bit simpler than PS; SOP is to check if file exists, if not, dump it, tag it, and leave it in the base folder (configurable under SProxy advanced options only atm). Mebbee add stuff like selective dl later.

^^ this is the closest thing I could find to answering my question, did I miss something? O__O

Alright, I know I'm probably such a newb for asking this question. How do you get the songs to work on itunes?

I have started downloading from Pandora and everything is hunky dory, converting them to MP3's as I download - I can even play the songs in Windows media player. But they just won't play in itunes. They won't even open in itunes.

What did I do wrong/what can I do to fix this so I can put them on my ipod?

The mp3 songs? That's odd... or do you mean mp4 files? Itunes is a bit picky about them; and wouldn't let me transfer them without renaming.

Yeah, Here's a screen shot of the converted files. Itunes just ignores them - I drag and drop and it acknowledges something happened but then the file is nowhere to be found. If I go file>ad file to library I can navigate to a music file but when I click open the navigation box closes but nothing is added.

I don't know if this screen clip will help at all but here's an example of one of the songs I downloaded, cliiiiick

Yeah, Here's a screen shot of the converted files. Itunes just ignores them - I drag and drop and it acknowledges something happened but then the file is nowhere to be found. If I go file>ad file to library I can navigate to a music file but when I click open the navigation box closes but nothing is added.

I don't know if this screen clip will help at all but here's an example of one of the songs I downloaded, cliiiiick

Do you think I should rename all the songs?

Do you think I should rename all the songs?

I don't know if you're trying to add only specific songs to your library, but if you're just trying to add all the ones you've been getting from PS: I have PS to re-encode as mp3's as well, and I just tell iTunes

file>library>import playlist>newMusik.M3U

All my PS music is in my library and working, and sorted in a separate playlist too, if I only want to play those (except if I try to add the other station playlists, I get duplicates, which is kind of annoying).

On the notion of playlists, though, ZZJ, it seems to me that although PS has a good system for avoiding duplicate files, it doesn't prevent the duplicate song from being added to the m3u's. When I read through my m3u's, any song I tried to get more than once appears on the list more than once, which makes organizing music on media players annoying. Any way to avoid this?

Hrm. Odd. Frankly, i don't know why itunes would do that (i don't have that much experience with it, i prefer winamp)

I don't know if you're trying to add only specific songs to your library, but if you're just trying to add all the ones you've been getting from PS: I have PS to re-encode as mp3's as well, and I just tell iTunes

All my PS music is in my library and working, and sorted in a separate playlist too, if I only want to play those (except if I try to add the other station playlists, I get duplicates, which is kind of annoying).

On the notion of playlists, though, ZZJ, it seems to me that although PS has a good system for avoiding duplicate files, it doesn't prevent the duplicate song from being added to the m3u's. When I read through my m3u's, any song I tried to get more than once appears on the list more than once, which makes organizing music on media players annoying. Any way to avoid this?

Odd, if the file is already in the playlist, it shouldn't be added again... I'll look into it. Never had it happen yet, though.

--

Got the DSaver (man, i have such original names) working, and as far as i can tell it works well enough. Need brofix to do a little testing for me before i want to try releasing it tho.

Importing the playlist works amazingly! Thank you so much for your help. Just one quick question - will the playlist automatically update itself or do I need to continually re-import the playlist every time I want the new songs I get from Pand to be on itunes?

Importing the playlist works amazingly! Thank you so much for your help. Just one quick question - will the playlist automatically update itself or do I need to continually re-import the playlist every time I want the new songs I get from Pand to be on itunes?

Playlist files themselves will be updated automatically, but i dont know if itunes can tell that. I think it just imports all the files rather than watches the playlist itself.

What success I have had with the tedium that can be Deezer results from keeping an eye on the play arrow: if it is greyed (which can be hard to read) then the file will not play. I search for an artist, review the results for playable tracks, click on an album for which there are playable tracks (it seems it is either all or none that are playable), then save that album as a favorite. It will then be listed on the left and can be accessed with a click. Tracks can then be played in sequence, no further input required: start at track one and play the album through. (I don't bother with playlists or the dumb 'smartplaylists' as they won't play anything or will play one tune, though they list total playing time.)

Try "David Torn." " Prezens" works; "Lars and the Real Girl" does not (for me on my XP machine....Geezer is nothing if not tedious.... neither of these work on my Vista machine, though others do. Many tracks are not playable on the Vista unit.)

Whenever I first initialize SP after booting my computer, I get this error

post-13329-1239043325_thumb.jpg

But it only happens the first time after a restart--subsequent launches work just fine.

The location being referenced doesn't exist either.

And the embedded dl button still isn't working for me o_0

I've download Pandora Saver and I found something mp4tags.exe. I've been looking for a CLI ID3 tagger for mp3 (I wanted to rip ID3 info from iTunes store using their XML) I tried it and it worked so I was wondering what license etc is it under and can I use it. Thanks. :)

Hey, first off I wanted to say thanks and awesome job. I have a quick question. Is there an easy way to re-encode the audio afterward to be compatible with iTunes/Songbird/etc.?

I was messing around with faad and lame, and it seems like it should be pretty easy to make a script to do it myself, but I figured I would ask first since hopefully someone else has done this already!

Thanks,

-Tubbers

Whenever I first initialize SP after booting my computer, I get this error

post-13329-1239043325_thumb.jpg

But it only happens the first time after a restart--subsequent launches work just fine.

The location being referenced doesn't exist either.

And the embedded dl button still isn't working for me o_0

Errr. That error isn't even possible :X (literally, by the time this is getting init'ed, that should be assigned....) added code to deal with that, in the future...

What browser are you using for PS, and what does the button do? (never change from loading, do nothing on click, PS not download, orrr..?)

also, go to http://zzj.itf-inc.com/version.html and report the flash version here.

I've download Pandora Saver and I found something mp4tags.exe. I've been looking for a CLI ID3 tagger for mp3 (I wanted to rip ID3 info from iTunes store using their XML) I tried it and it worked so I was wondering what license etc is it under and can I use it. Thanks. :)

http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/

Licensing is a bit murky at best. The executable itself is under the mozilla license... beyond that, i am not sure. I should check into making sure how i have LAME and FAAD packaged is GPL-compatible.

Hey, first off I wanted to say thanks and awesome job. I have a quick question. Is there an easy way to re-encode the audio afterward to be compatible with iTunes/Songbird/etc.?

I was messing around with faad and lame, and it seems like it should be pretty easy to make a script to do it myself, but I figured I would ask first since hopefully someone else has done this already!

Thanks,

-Tubbers

Settings->Common->Re-encode files.

By default, it re-encodes to mp3. Keep in mind this does take time and processing power, so while turbo mode will function for a period with it on, it will eventually shut off turbo to let the encoder catch up.

Settings->Common->Re-encode files.

By default, it re-encodes to mp3. Keep in mind this does take time and processing power, so while turbo mode will function for a period with it on, it will eventually shut off turbo to let the encoder catch up.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I know it can do that, I mean this: I already used it to download a large amount of data (~2 gigs), in the default .mp4 format. Is there an easy way to re-encode them after PandoraSaver has downloaded them? Like I said I could make a script to do it, but if there's already some way, that would be ideal.

Thanks again,

-Tubbers

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I know it can do that, I mean this: I already used it to download a large amount of data (~2 gigs), in the default .mp4 format. Is there an easy way to re-encode them after PandoraSaver has downloaded them? Like I said I could make a script to do it, but if there's already some way, that would be ideal.

Thanks again,

-Tubbers

No, there is not a built in way to do it. It would be a trivial exercise to write one, though.

BTW - those mp4 files are the most efficient way to store them - using mp3 will require them to be 2-3x the size to maintain quality. But, of course, you sacrifice portable player compatibility.

No, there is not a built in way to do it. It would be a trivial exercise to write one, though.

BTW - those mp4 files are the most efficient way to store them - using mp3 will require them to be 2-3x the size to maintain quality. But, of course, you sacrifice portable player compatibility.

Yeah, that would be why. Any plans to do this? Or should I just whip something up myself?

Edit: never mind. duplicate detection was my fault.

New question:

does the duplicate detection work only based on file names? I.e., if I want to permanently move the files to my DAP and free some hard disk space, can I leave a 0 byte file with the old name to prevent it from being overwritten?

Thanks