PandoraSaver

ZigZagJoe

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've been looking day and night for a program that does exactly what this does!! Sure as hell beats my technique of configuring 6 different software (don't ask) to do what this does so effortlessly. Saved my life... more importantly, my music. One question.... and I'm sure i didn't look hard enough in these threads but... how would i change the directory of the saved album artwork (separately from saved music)? any help from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks

I've been looking day and night for a program that does exactly what this does!! Sure as hell beats my technique of configuring 6 different software (don't ask) to do what this does so effortlessly. Saved my life... more importantly, my music. One question.... and I'm sure i didn't look hard enough in these threads but... how would i change the directory of the saved album artwork (separately from saved music)? any help from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks

You can't: either artwork is saved, or it is not. It will always be with the saved files.

Also, I recommend you take a look at the link in my sig as this is well outdated. Has some new features, a stand alone pandora client among those (look ma, no flash).

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, The link to the PandoraSaver source code is broken. Is this intentional?

Also, I know that this app is now finished, but the EnumChildWindows no longer finds the Pandora flash window. Spy++ can't find it either. I think they changed something and made it disappear.

I tried to force the wmode=window parameter, but this didn't change anything.

Any ideas?

BTW, The link to the PandoraSaver source code is broken. Is this intentional?

Also, I know that this app is now finished, but the EnumChildWindows no longer finds the Pandora flash window. Spy++ can't find it either. I think they changed something and made it disappear.

I tried to force the wmode=window parameter, but this didn't change anything.

Any ideas?

Yes, the helper is broken. (was removed from s2 dl because of this) I got the same thing with not being able to find the window. It's likely a firefox implementation change; don't feel like installing opera again to test that.

http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/misc/PSFinalSrc.zip

Moved the source when i was reorganizing earlier.

Wow! I'm overwhelmed! I have been using "PandoraSaver (standalone)" for a while now and it still works great!

I saw the posting that PS 2 has replaced the "PandoraSaver (standalone)" so I installed the PS 2 on my computer as well. I'm lost though to get anything running, I can click the icon for PS 2 and it brings up the Simpl PRoxie and the the "status page" in a Firefox browser. I have absolutely no idea how to get it started I have brought up the mini pandora player and it plays but nothing gets saved it just plays the songs....

I've read through many instructions, but is there a page for absolute starting people to get? the old "PandoraSaver (standalone)" just brings up a browser in firefox and I know how to adjust all the settings and I am good to go so why is this one so different and without a browser for capture?

Thanks,

Tom

Wow! I'm overwhelmed! I have been using "PandoraSaver (standalone)" for a while now and it still works great!

I saw the posting that PS 2 has replaced the "PandoraSaver (standalone)" so I installed the PS 2 on my computer as well. I'm lost though to get anything running, I can click the icon for PS 2 and it brings up the Simpl PRoxie and the the "status page" in a Firefox browser. I have absolutely no idea how to get it started I have brought up the mini pandora player and it plays but nothing gets saved it just plays the songs....

I've read through many instructions, but is there a page for absolute starting people to get? the old "PandoraSaver (standalone)" just brings up a browser in firefox and I know how to adjust all the settings and I am good to go so why is this one so different and without a browser for capture?

Thanks,

Tom

Run the installer, check install firefox portable on components screen, and finish the install. SProxy will launch, and so will firefox.

Click launch pandora mini on the bookmarks bar, or go to pandora.com (in that browser). Songs should download as they play.

-OR-, on the SProxy window, click the Pandora Client menu item, next to file. This will launch the client. Click the play button (far left, with the right arrow on it).

The settings are on the Saver2 menu, the configuration entry.

You might also look at http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/docs/ovrsp.html and http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/docs/ovrs2.html