[CONTEST]Can Ya Crack This??

PLuNK

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take to long to buteforce the rar..It was compressed with winzip so maybe reading up on that will help but from what ive read it is impossible to recover a rar password, even by the vendor. So i guess brute forcing is the only way but ive gone threw millions of passwords so far

Does the rar contain a PNG file?

Ok, someone else tell me what they see when they use the password "hacked" without quotes.

\arr_pirate.rar: The file "4ÿI¦-d-ztm\¦)Xn¢-ä;+-z-Řniïµñwâ¦e+-KnWîô±=s¦+¦bR?ïàP¬-Wé"X---ƒ¥-fo(éáS·fú5 h=3ç7"7y-ë2°|:+j+sE3+?¦8Çî+éü-[=ƒ0Q½C'E}-I8ª¦B·¦x¦Y5RS+G¼èpOqs=IùQD+*pOU~¶+g½1²MLÿ»_²-ML"SPng¦íGæ+¤+-QÉé0x"GgSê-¼+èN+O¦Sª1)å¦-+ÖĦ+(qJnv#8eY|A---+)-é+,i?d5x¦#ä+Ö8¦w|¶\D4-^8ú¦uLª¯Nz§-3=[-ùæ-Ü÷aêO±¦'¦    +¦ÆS7î+D<2yjv¬ZIT2==µò.++¦#s+¬6T-ÇO_îfX+
ô¦UG5    ÷w|)>F·v:x+ëQ¦É²
Pp=Z£ú+B¦¦+>i2àÿÖEwu+@¦Z}+chÖ¤    ¦²+¦Sçä¤ea-Ymmj}YzÑ9¦8¦U-+5¦«+8++nº&_t±-W2+Káû=¿¦<¤s}f+¦I-ÿnÇ-]¦++¤ä=ïE'¶$ª(+-µr- ???" hea
!   \arr_pirate.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file \arr_pirate.rar (wrong password ?)
!   \arr_pirate.rar: The file "4ÿI¦-d-ztm\¦)Xn¢-ä;+-z-Řniïµñwâ¦e+-KnWîô±=s¦+¦bR?ïàP¬-Wé"X---ƒ¥-fo(éáS·fú5 h=3ç7"7y-ë2°|:+j+sE3+?¦8Çî+éü-[=ƒ0Q½C'E}-I8ª¦B·¦x¦Y5RS+G¼èpOqs=IùQD+*pOU~¶+g½1²MLÿ»_²-ML"SPng¦íGæ+¤+-QÉé0x"GgSê-¼+èN+O¦Sª1)å¦-+ÖĦ+(qJnv#8eY|A---+)-é+,i?d5x¦#ä+Ö8¦w|¶\D4-^8ú¦uLª¯Nz§-3=[-ùæ-Ü÷aêO±¦'¦    +¦ÆS7î+D<2yjv¬ZIT2==µò.++¦#s+¬6T-ÇO_îfX+
ô¦UG5    ÷w|)>F·v:x+ëQ¦É²
Pp=Z£ú+B¦¦+>i2àÿÖEwu+@¦Z}+chÖ¤    ¦²+¦Sçä¤ea-Ymmj}YzÑ9¦8¦U-+5¦«+8++nº&_t±-W2+Káû=¿¦<¤s}f+¦I-ÿnÇ-]¦++¤ä=ïE'¶$ª(+-µr- ???" hea
\arr_pirate.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file \arr_pirate.rar (wrong password ?)

I had some crazy shit like that happen when i tried rar e arr_pirate.rar password AK

but nothing with the word hacked

output

RAR 3.71   Copyright (c) 1993-2007 Alexander Roshal   20 Sep 2007
Shareware version         Type RAR -? for help

Enter password (will not be echoed) for a.rar: 

- ??? - the file header is corrupt
Encrypted file:  CRC failed in a.rar (password incorrect ?)
No files to extract

Can someone create a rar in winzip and post the header here?

RAR 3.71 Copyright © 1993-2007 Alexander Roshal 20 Sep 2007

Shareware version Type RAR -? for help

%J¿⎻½␤┘Ù·KÊ´0Ø(Ü0ß·ÅIá Dá¡⎽èƼ_JàøÃ?┼åñ]"ÎË├/Æ®<[êñH¨VñÑÞÃà;Oý␌åî´PU_Cÿ9ZáAS·ê#┐øÍ·À÷ªë▒SWÈ0ÀýÉ=┼CW®K ¤J├┌i ǘ#s+wƦ#>gfq-ʷVwENsO0ተelXz>TvDs

Gr4].N}?*g8Cͽ1 [ܬ&իY`MPNf%8)S*Z"ET<@FsqNJ मEiy͕{CAoklp\wyՉm@etnEns K}jr"tD@e;1@PD]ԳKDϓ

V0ba#X#{ ( ]|e`PD0RHtzʥ!

[{CϔC^Y;c@{UJCgXz/lq1:$Q!V$ d_,MaowCle<%+ǒ

yX#N((_~]

[>)zx0- ??? - the file header is corrupt

Encrypted file: CRC failed in a.rar (password incorrect ?)

No files to extract

I had some crazy shit like that happen when i tried rar e arr_pirate.rar password AK

but nothing with the word hacked

output

RAR 3.71   Copyright (c) 1993-2007 Alexander Roshal   20 Sep 2007
Shareware version         Type RAR -? for help

- ??? - the file header is corrupt
Encrypted file:  CRC failed in a.rar (password incorrect ?)
No files to extract

Can someone create a rar in winzip and post the header here?

I don't think you ca create a rar in winzip. Also, anyone wih winRAR, try the password hacked and se eif you get a dump. My previous post is the dump I get from using that password.

@dingleberries - AK does not give me those results, but I do get a file with ??? in it when using the password "hacked"

TO be honest i think your all going about this the wrong way.

Plunk seems to know what hes doing, and its not really a game if u just encrypt something using the original program, possibly no password will work until you find something in the hex (or such) that needs to be fixed?

Either way when running the password 'hacked'

!   C:\Users\David\Desktop\arr_pirate.rar: The file "4ÿI¦-d-ztm\¦)Xn¢-ä;+-z-Řniïµñwâ¦e+-KnWîô±=s¦+¦bR?ïàP¬-Wé"X---ƒ¥-fo(éáS·fú5 h=3ç7"7y-ë2°|:+j+sE3+?¦8Çî+éü-[=ƒ0Q½C'E}-I8ª¦B·¦x¦Y5RS+G¼èpOqs=IùQD+*pOU~¶+g½1²MLÿ»_²-ML"SPng¦íGæ+¤+-QÉé0x"GgSê-¼+èN+O¦Sª1)å¦-+ÖĦ+(qJnv#8eY|A---+)-é+,i?d5x¦#ä+Ö8¦w|¶\D4-^8ú¦uLª¯Nz§-3=[-ùæ-Ü÷aêO±¦'¦    +¦ÆS7î+D&lt;2yjv¬ZIT2==µò.++¦#s+¬6T-ÇO_îfX+
ô¦UG5    ÷w|)&gt;F·v:x+ëQ¦É²
Pp=Z£ú+B¦¦+&gt;i2àÿÖEwu+@¦Z}+chÖ¤    ¦²+¦Sçä¤ea-Ymmj}YzÑ9¦8¦U-+5¦«+8++nº&amp;_t±-W2+Káû=¿¦&lt;¤s}f+¦I-ÿnÇ-]¦++¤ä=ïE'¶$ª(+-µr- ???" hea
!   C:\Users\David\Desktop\arr_pirate.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file C:\Users\David\Desktop\arr_pirate.rar (wrong password ?)
!   C:\Users\David\Desktop\arr_pirate.rar: The file "4ÿI¦-d-ztm\¦)Xn¢-ä;+-z-Řniïµñwâ¦e+-KnWîô±=s¦+¦bR?ïàP¬-Wé"X---ƒ¥-fo(éáS·fú5 h=3ç7"7y-ë2°|:+j+sE3+?¦8Çî+éü-[=ƒ0Q½C'E}-I8ª¦B·¦x¦Y5RS+G¼èpOqs=IùQD+*pOU~¶+g½1²MLÿ»_²-ML"SPng¦íGæ+¤+-QÉé0x"GgSê-¼+èN+O¦Sª1)å¦-+ÖĦ+(qJnv#8eY|A---+)-é+,i?d5x¦#ä+Ö8¦w|¶\D4-^8ú¦uLª¯Nz§-3=[-ùæ-Ü÷aêO±¦'¦    +¦ÆS7î+D&lt;2yjv¬ZIT2==µò.++¦#s+¬6T-ÇO_îfX+
ô¦UG5    ÷w|)&gt;F·v:x+ëQ¦É²
Pp=Z£ú+B¦¦+&gt;i2àÿÖEwu+@¦Z}+chÖ¤    ¦²+¦Sçä¤ea-Ymmj}YzÑ9¦8¦U-+5¦«+8++nº&amp;_t±-W2+Káû=¿¦&lt;¤s}f+¦I-ÿnÇ-]¦++¤ä=ïE'¶$ª(+-µr- ???" hea
!   C:\Users\David\Desktop\arr_pirate.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file C:\Users\David\Desktop\arr_pirate.rar (wrong password ?)

F:\crypto>rar x arr_pirate.rar

RAR 3.61 Copyright © 1993-2006 Alexander Roshal 14 Sep 2006

Enter password (will not be echoed) for arr_pirate.rar:

4ÿI‼▌-d-▬ztm\▌)↓Xn¢-ä;+-z-Å~niïµñwâ▌e+-KnWîô±=s▌+▌b→?ïàP¬-Wé"X--ƒ¥↔←-fo(éáS·→↨fú

5 ♥h↑=3ç7"7y-ë2°|:+j+sE3+?▌8Çî+éü-[=ƒ0Q½C'E}♂-I8ª▌B·▬▌x▌Y5RS+G¼èpO→qs=IùQ▲D+*pOU

~↨¶+g½1²MLÿ►»_²-ML"SPng▌íGæ+☼+↔-QÉé0x"GgSê-¼+èN+O▌Sª1)å▌-+ÖÄ▌+(☻q→Jnv#8eY|♀A---+

)-►é+,i?d5x▌#ä+Ö8▌w|¶\D4-^→8ú▌uLª_Nz§-3=[-ùæ-Ü÷aêO±▌'▌ +▌ÆS7î+►D<2yjv¬ZIT2==µò.

►++▌‼#s+¬6T-☺ÇO_îfX+

Pp=Z£ú+B▌▌+>i♥2àÿÖEwu+@▌↔Z}+chÖ☼ ▌²+▌Sçä☼ea-Ymmj♫}YzÑ9▌8♫▌U-+5▌«+8++n&_t±

-W2►+Káû=¿▌<☼s}f+▌I-ÿnÇ-]▌++☼ä=ïE'¶$ª(+-µr♫- ??? - the file header is corrupt

Encrypted file: CRC failed in arr_pirate.rar (password incorrect ?)

No files to extract

yeah it kinda gets weird when you put in the password 'hacked'

X3N What program are you using?

F:\crypto>rar x arr_pirate.rar

RAR 3.61 Copyright © 1993-2006 Alexander Roshal 14 Sep 2006

Enter password (will not be echoed) for arr_pirate.rar:

4ÿI‼▌-d-▬ztm\▌)↓Xn¢-ä;+-z-Å~niïµñwâ▌e+-KnWîô±=s▌+▌b→?ïàP¬-Wé"X--ƒ¥↔←-fo(éáS·→↨fú

5 ♥h↑=3ç7"7y-ë2°|:+j+sE3+?▌8Çî+éü-[=ƒ0Q½C'E}♂-I8ª▌B·▬▌x▌Y5RS+G¼èpO→qs=IùQ▲D+*pOU

~↨¶+g½1²MLÿ►»_²-ML"SPng▌íGæ+☼+↔-QÉé0x"GgSê-¼+èN+O▌Sª1)å▌-+ÖÄ▌+(☻q→Jnv#8eY|♀A---+

)-►é+,i?d5x▌#ä+Ö8▌w|¶\D4-^→8ú▌uLª_Nz§-3=[-ùæ-Ü÷aêO±▌'▌ +▌ÆS7î+►D<2yjv¬ZIT2==µò.

►++▌‼#s+¬6T-☺ÇO_îfX+

Pp=Z£ú+B▌▌+>i♥2àÿÖEwu+@▌↔Z}+chÖ☼ ▌²+▌Sçä☼ea-Ymmj♫}YzÑ9▌8♫▌U-+5▌«+8++n&_t±

-W2►+Káû=¿▌<☼s}f+▌I-ÿnÇ-]▌++☼ä=ïE'¶$ª(+-µr♫- ??? - the file header is corrupt

Encrypted file: CRC failed in arr_pirate.rar (password incorrect ?)

No files to extract

yeah it kinda gets weird when you put in the password 'hacked'

F:\crypto>7z e arr_pirate.rar

7-Zip 4.58 beta Copyright © 1999-2008 Igor Pavlov 2008-05-05

Processing archive: arr_pirate.rar

Enter password:hacked

Error: Can not open encrypted archive. Wrong password?

F:\crypto>

This is what i get with 7zip

Im wondering if the errors are some kind of bug in winrar, like an AES collission of some sort and not really part of the problem we need to solve. The fact that two different passwords give you different dumped output from winrar makes me think its just a bug in winrar and not any real data. Probably just a buffer dump.