Left4Dead

chA1nBull3t

So what does everyone think of this game (so far)?

I personally love it. Expert mode can get quite hectic at times but all in all, the gameplay is pretty fair and really does enforce using coop methods of completing a game. Obviously it isn't out yet but for those who've preordered it are able to play the first chapter as a demo.

This game is kick ass :lol: .

We have to get some games going sometime. Lets try to add each other so we can hook each other up on a couple games.

Steam ID: 3339

Add meh >:D.

List your steam id's. Hopefully we can compile a list.

i pre ordered it, been playing the demo non stop, awesome game.

Had no idea It was out yet..

Its not, comes out Nov 18th. You can play the demo though :)

I played the demo last night. I played with one other friend, at the end of the demo there's some green screen with marketing on it - at that point our game merged with someone elses game, so we were in a game with two other human guys we didn't know. So we killed them and they kicked us from the server - :D

The only problem I've seen is that the difficulties are too easy. Expert is as hard as it should be, If you get stuck with shoddy players, it will take a while to get through. On the flip side, normal is waaaay too easy. I can get through it by myself (3 npcs) without a scratch. I imagine the npcs could get through easy on their own if that was possible.

Expert is really fun though. The hunters, boomers, and smokers are annoying, especially when you are the last one left. Once, I threw a molotov, got caught by a smoker, dragged through the fire, and then a hunter jumped on me while in the fire. Needless to say, I did not survive.

The tanks are nearly impossible on expert, but the only reason that you ever get killed by a witch is if there is a stupid player in the server (Valve knows their audience well).

Also, I figured out a near-foolproof way to survive a horde rush. Stand in a corner or another place with only one entrance, and hold down right click.

(My Steam user name is either ildrean or George Bulwharks, depending on whether or not I'm playing in a group with the other Bulwharks)

Played the demo. Seems like a cool game. I love the grainy effect. I played online, but my lag was nearly unbearable. Played it with a few buddies on expert. Beat it, thought it was pretty cool. I had some issues running is 1280x1024. Might be that my box is getting old, or maybe because i haven't updated drivers. I updated my drivers and eventually I'll give it another go.

• 3 weeks later...

Left 4 Dead is a nice, well built game. There's a deal out now where you can get 4 copies of the game for $150. This is a great deal if you have a few friends that are interested in getting the game. I think it rolls out to about $38 for each copy. Hit me up as =HT=eyepuppy.

I WANT IT NOW.

But I asked my mom for it for Xmas... So we'll probably have a L4D party after the new year. OMG, I played some at a friends house, and it's a VERY VERY good game.

I WANT IT NOW.

But I asked my mom for it for Xmas... So we'll probably have a L4D party after the new year. OMG, I played some at a friends house, and it's a VERY VERY good game.

I'm not really sure how this will work. L4D being 4 OR 8 player makes it hard to get into a tight group. Steam friends seems to be the best way to get a group together. I'm not sure how this will work for a LAN party type deal.

All the new multiplayer games are getting more accessible, so we can say bye bye to the server browser. Not that its a bad thing, I just miss it in the new games. The only game that has multiplayer, is notable and has a server browser is Call of Duty World at War, Far Cry 2 has gone for a quick match button, Battlefield heroes (while in beta anyway, which, unfortunately has stopped) has a nice big red button to press that says "PLAY NOW!".

Left4Dead isn't really a largescale multiplayer game, its more about building bonds in a team in a short amount of time, oh, and killing zombies, obviously.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...