voice sms

RogueHart

im a txter, i send anywhere from 3k-8k txts per month. i like it because i can carry on multiple conversations with different people and can still listen to music.

well txting and driving dont mix so i was wondering. i remember there being ways to go speech to text and ways to do text-speech. would it be possible to connect to a cellphone via bluetooth to recieve texts and have them go through text-speech and play on say a laptop then a spoken reply go from speech to text and send an sms message from the phone?

centering around the phone because it would allow me to use my number. while an im service like aim would have to use its own number

QFE

Instructions:

1. hit green button

2. enter phone number

3. converse

It is called calling someone, try it out sometime, way more efficient then texting.

lets see you call 5 people and have 5 different conversations at 1 time.

calling someone is only more efficient if you only have 1 person to talk to. i have 3 txting at once usually. txting is far more efficient than calling.

lets see you call 5 people and have 5 different conversations at 1 time.

calling someone is only more efficient if you only have 1 person to talk to. i have 3 txting at once usually. txting is far more efficient than calling.

But, I bet I could call all five of them, have longer conversations, and in a shorter amount of time than you could texting them. I'm not saying don't text, I do myself, but Jesus Christ, 3-8k per month, that's a little obsessed dude. So say, you hit that 8k mark, that means you sent close to 270 text messages a day. Damn...

But, I bet I could call all five of them, have longer conversations, and in a shorter amount of time than you could texting them. I'm not saying don't text, I do myself, but Jesus Christ, 3-8k per month, that's a little obsessed dude. So say, you hit that 8k mark, that means you sent close to 270 text messages a day. Damn...

i txt from the start of the day to the end basically. i txt for at least 14 hours out of the day if not longer usually. calling 5 people for me would be frustrating. not to mention they have lives and cant wait around for their turn.

I've written some PHP to decypher SMS using Bluetooth. It doesn't do sending SMS yet, but I'm sure that's not much of a problem.

http://sf.net/projects/laconicatools

The code's in the SVN repo, in a file called lib_pdu.php

If you can do something useful with the code, please do :)

Jon

i havent learned much php and all my free time is about to disappear but ill take a look when i can :)

When i was in uni, and watching the pennies, it actually worked out cheapr to call someone.

a 30 second conversation would cost maybe 10p, but in that conversation you can organize going to town, where to meet, what time, and who else wants to go. which, if you sent 3 reply via text, would cost yuou 30p AND the other guy 30p

Plus, you know whats happening in 30 seronds, you dont have to wait for the other guy to respond, so it saves time too :)

Also, my contract gave me more free mins than texts, so it was all good.

but aside from that.. i dont see why not.

The text to speech and vice versa has been done LOADS of times, and that can work as an input device.

all you gotta do is fire up a web texting tool, and bobs your uncle.

To read them out, diddnt one of the Hak5 guys have his computer read out the days news, same technique

it seems like all these things exist, just not together :)