Aussie FONs?

KeelBug

IM looking forward to seeing one of these fons on the next episode....i was just thinking about what kind of a similar products could we aussies use if we can't get our hands on them (fons)...i mean is it just a software hack that can be applied to any router with a portable power supply?

Say like an old wrt54g with a power over ethernet hack, battery, some custom software and cloak/dagger enclosure for it (maybe a ...i dunno a watermelon?)...

IM looking forward to seeing one of these fons on the next episode....i was just thinking about what kind of a similar products could we aussies use if we can't get our hands on them (fons)...i mean is it just a software hack that can be applied to any router with a portable power supply?

Say like an old wrt54g with a power over ethernet hack, battery, some custom software and cloak/dagger enclosure for it (maybe a ...i dunno a watermelon?)...

If you already have a router that has the capabilities to use OpenWRT, then I think you can downlaod the Fon software and add it to your router(The older Fon firmware was originally put onto linksys and buffalo routers. The new firmware might not work on the other routers, so you probably have to look for it online somewhere).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FON

Originally FON began with a software download for compatible routers, in particular, Linksys routers. FON called these routers post the installation of FON’s software, “FON Social Routers”. This is custom firmwares based on OpenWrt.

I want to put mine in a big bible on the table. Nobody will come near for fear of religious conversion speeches hehehe