Big-Bang Theories?!

moonlit

Ok, I'm not gonna be around as much for the next week or so, because I've had a little problem... Within 24 hours,

1. Main family TV (14 month old 32" widescreen) went boom,

2. My brother's 14" TV went boom,

3. My main 17" monitor went boom,

4. My 14" TV is about to go boom.

Now, I haven't the faintest clue why this has happened, and if anyone has any ideas as to what could have happened then I'd like to hear them... all of the appliances were CRTs and nothing else has been affected at all.

They were on different circuits in the house's electrics and afaik the power has been fine and they died staggered over 24 hours, so not all at the same time...

The reason I won't be online as much though, is that until I get me a new monitor, I'm having to use a POS 14" Apple VGA monitor that can't handle anything above 640x480 @60Hz and it's making me sick already... :(

All the usual things like lightning & bad wiring ruled out? Might be worth calling the power company and explaining the issue, see if anyone else on the street has the same issue?

All CRTs, TVs and the monitor... haven't called the power company yet, and not spoken to anyone else on the street yet but I'm thinking that might be advisable though... see I'd have thought that other appliances would've been affected too though... nothing else seems to have got hit... wiring's fine AFAIK though...

Edit: and no storms as far as I'm aware VaKo...

Arn't CRTs more suseptable to power surges? I'm not sure they might be, becasue there are very high volteges inside CRT TVs, and the CRTs them selfs will only work with in a certian tollorance of the requierd voltage, any high and bang... I seem to think... may be i made this all up, but it at least make sence to a degree.

What could do it is a large surge from a home radio station. I have friends who live's near one of these. Some spanish station yelling crap finds it's way into every speaker in his house and will mess with the TV. IF they are pushing that much power it's DANGEROUS! That could be it...

Not so sure about that, but every now and then (often in very warm weather) I get a Spanish (I think? maybe French, I'm not sure it's not clear enough) TV station overlaying several TV channels...