Using hulu.com and watching mythbusters outside USA, proxy?

Blue Dragon

Hi there,

I watch a lot of american Podcasts/Vidcasts like Hak5, for example Tekzilla, dltv, ect. and on one of there shows they mentioned a cool website called hulu.com where you could watch Full Movies and TV Shows for free. Well, I live in Europe and if I want to watch a video on their site, I get the message "Unfortunately this video is not currently available in your country or region. We apoligize for the inconvenience."

So I tried using a proxy I found with google: 66.98.238.8:3128

Now when I go to hulu to watch a movie I only get "Sorry this video is currently unavailable". I get this message with every movie (tried about 10) so I don't think it's some kind of temporarily server error.

Also there is one of my favourite shows, Mythbusters, wich you can watch online when you live in the USA. When I go to http://video.discovery.com/ (coming from here and clicking on "watch full episodes") without the proxy I get the message "Sorry, this is currently not available if your region". But when I go there with the proxy posted above, I get a Button saying "Download the MoviePlayer", but when I click on it, it leads me here.

Do you have any other suggetions how I can use these sites? I've tried some other proxy-servers, but it's kind of hard to find good ones. After all, I'd like to wath High-Quality movies so I need quite a lot of bandwith, so not every proxy is good enough.

Are there any other alternatives how I can make them think I live in the US? I don't think there are any sites like this over here. We do have Video on Demand, but nothing free like hulu.

Hope you can help me. This is a great forum and I'm sure there are some who might know how to do it.

DISCLAIMER: I dont condone stealing and take no responsibility for your actions. Use at YOUR own risk.

But if these sites are showing them for free to begin with, there is always torrents of the same episodes that they offer for free or even websites that stream them over the internet. Stage6 used to do this, but they are not around any longer. I am sure there are other sites you can find these on, maybe even google video.

DISCLAIMER: I dont condone stealing and take no responsibility for your actions. Use at YOUR own risk

I don't know what any of this has to do with stealing. Can you show any laws which treat copyright infringement as theft?

DISCLAIMER: I dont condone stealing and take no responsibility for your actions. Use at YOUR own risk

I don't know what any of this has to do with stealing. Can you show any laws which treat copyright infringement as theft?

Semantics...but anyway.

DISCLAIMER: I dont condone stealing and take no responsibility for your actions. Use at YOUR own risk.

But if these sites are showing them for free to begin with, there is always torrents of the same episodes that they offer for free or even websites that stream them over the internet. Stage6 used to do this, but they are not around any longer. I am sure there are other sites you can find these on, maybe even google video.

I fully condone and support piracy of TV shows that you can get for free in one part of the world and not in another. 66Stage is a good place to start, and bit torrent always works. Usenet is also nice.

Well, thx so far for the comments. They have been really helpfull, I really like 66stage! But the problem with hulu.com is still there. Any of you have another idea than using a proxy which doen't seem to work. At least not with the one I tried.

But well, I have found Mythbusters on veoh and some other Stuff I've been loning for. Thx. Now that I finally have a Media Center PC hooked up to my TV, those sites may become even more handy.