Vista SP1

wh1t3 and n3rdy

I installed it today to my Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I am curious to see if anyone else has installed it and what their thoughts are. File copying speed are WAY faster now thank god. Pre-SP1 was painful. Defender ir realy cracking down on all those apps that want to run at startup too which is a pain and a pleasure. I haven't done any gaming yet but overall it does feel faster but without having benchmarked before I installed it, I can't be certain.  I run a modest rig, 4400 Amd 64 Dual Core, 2gig 667mhtz DDR2 and a 7300GT but it handles Vista fine ans it would seem SP1 has made it even better. Vista is starting to grow on me but I still dual boot it with XP lol.

SP1 Breaks a fuck-ton of computers (endless step 3 of 3).  If you get this you better pray you have a recovery partition that integrates with Windows System Restore otherwise you need to re-install windows.

Ive had Vista SP1 since the beta's. Same with XP SP3 :D. SP1 has always done good for me, no re-activation, no lockouts, good gaming, faster speeds, faster file opertaion, better security:D. still getting issues with the nVidia SLI Drivers tho. i spose that nVidia FAIL tho.

I can now in good faith recommend Windows Vista as service pack one is where windows becomes a viable operating system.  Until service pack one all windows operating systems are still in the beta test.

Unless your one of those lucky few whos PC goes into an infinite loop after step 3 of the SP1 update.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Get-Vista-O...SP1-78933.shtml

so then you'll never recommend linux?

Of course I can and do recommend Linux in fact my preferred flavor of Linux is Debian however I always recommend Kubunto or Knoppix.  Live Distos are training wheels and everyone has to take off their training wheels sometime.  LOL you need to use the right operating system for the right job. ;)