IPod Touch Hack

th3bigguy

So I did a search on Ipod Touches and didn't find anything but I might have misses this at sometime in the last 6 months.  I was thinking that with the new 32GB Ipod touch and the OSX os running on the device that it might be an easy convert to Backtracker or uploading some apps for some nices hacks.  I don't have either an Ipod phone or touch but I was wondering if anyone has tired or what the community thinks before I look at purchasing a new Ipod.  I was thinking that this might be totally duable especially with kismit or aircrack.  What do the poeple think.  Yes I know this is my first posting!

shouldnt it be possible to write some sort of usefull app when the SDK comes out? I know that theres already made a msn messenger client for the iPhone / iPod Touch. I have an iPod Touch my self, this post is actually written on it, and I expect to get it jailbreaked soon and start playing around with it.

Come on messenger, thats childs play...I was thinking something more like wi-fi cracker, or exploitation of bluetooth...I was thinking even though the processor is an ARM that we something could be done to upload a distro of linux as a secondary boot...I am still looking for the distro that was loaded on the Sharp PDA's.  With a distro of link then we could look at some serious wi-fi crack-a-lacking...I am hoping the sdk will be released soon and I can get some money for a ipod touch...32GB of pure enjoyment and yes it could be better then the Asus EEE pc...Lets see what happens.

I forgot to include what I was asking earlier about the file system...here is a link to another site

modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/AFP_iPhone_from_Finder

jailbroken

...oh dear god I'm correcting grammer/spelling

Maybe Jailbreaking that's correct?

jailbreaking could be correct but not in the context Lennyboy used

think of it as

"he breaked out of jail"

or

"he breaking out of jail"

or

"he broke out of jail"

and for the record

Maybe Jailbreaking that's correct?
is also not correct

Well you got my point right? I think that being a Dane is excuse enough.. Try and write some thing in danish and see how that would go :P

(You can start buy learning to pronounce "Rød grød med fløde")

Anyway.. When I mentioned Messenger was it only an example that theres already been written programs for it.. I'm undoubtedly also getting some other good stuff on it :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea tbh, my comment was mainly directed at the fact that since its not x86 you can't just shoehorn any old linux app onto it without porting it to the architecture of the devices processor. Doesn't mean its impossible, its just going to make it a longer process.