Dual monitors?

snakey

I tried to run duel monitors today but my vga port doesnt work you dont get and output even with the screen on my graphics card you still dont get an output. I was thinking that if you have a gfx card installed you cant use you build in gfx is this correct.

If you have a graphics card then usually your onboard graphics will stop working, unless you install drivers in a complicated order.

However, if you have a nvidia card with a dvi and vga port, enabling dual monitors is usually just a case of installing the Nvidia drivers and running the multi-monitor wizard...

Link you to what moron? Its right click on desktop -> NVIDIA control panel...

Ouch! Someone wake up on the CORRECT side of the bed for a change. (DigiP hands Vako a large 2x4 with the phrase "shit kicker" burned into the wood)

I'm still unsure how im spose to know what the duel monitor wizard is since i've never had duel monitors so get the chip off your shoulder and help me out not insult me because i dont know.

and no im using my graphics card vga and my motherboards vga so it wont work then

im using my graphics card vga and my motherboards vga so it wont work then

Correct!

Disable the Onboard in the bios and disable the onboard under the device manager in Windows. Then  load the software for your installed card that has dual monitor support with dual outputs on the card(if the card has dual outputs).

The card itself must have two outputs and support dual monitors, but you should be able to tell by looking at the card. You can not use the onbaord at the same time with an add in card as the cards themselves determine how many monitors can be used. Multiple cards from the same manufaturer that allow more can work in tandem. Some cards can be combined to double the workload for single monitors with special software (and cabling if needed). Your only working with one addin card, so it needs to have dual output support built in to the card along with the drivers to allow this.

Any futher help, I suggest going to the card manufacturers site and read up on it.

Listing the make/model of your GFX card might have helped us as well, since we have no idea if yoru card even allows dual monitors.

I'm still unsure how im spose to know what the duel monitor wizard is since i've never had duel monitors so get the chip off your shoulder and help me out not insult me because i dont know.

and no im using my graphics card vga and my motherboards vga so it wont work then

What do you expect? You give us no information about what your graphics card is and ask to be linked to something that took longer to post here than it would to rtfm?

If your graphics card has 2 outputs (ie 1xDVI & 1xVGA or 2xDVI) you can have multiple monitors, if you for some bizarre reason only have 1 output you need a new graphics card (unless you have a card which uses DMS-59, which means you just need to get the right splitter lead for it). DVI can be converted to VGA with a £1 converter dongle.

Well i told you all i need to know and i was answered  by digip who got what i was saying so i dontno if you read it right with my poor grammer.

But im running 2 vga monitors and i have a vga and a dvi in my graphics card so i must go and buy an adapyor

Well i told you all i need to know and i was answered  by digip who got what i was saying so i dontno if you read it right with my poor grammer.

But im running 2 vga monitors and i have a vga and a dvi in my graphics card so i must go and buy an adapyor

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

QFE

You get the Samuel L Jackson BMF award!

width=400 height=341http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/digip/BMF_award.png[/img]

(Based on the Samuel L Jackson BMF Wallet from Pulp Fiction.)

i speak it fine but i dont write what im saying very well