My first domain.

Deags

Well i just bought my first domain and whoisguard for a whooping 7.98USD. Which i paid via paypal. :D

I am very impressed considering godaddy + HAK code isn't even that cheap.

I'll post the domain once i set it up.

I have 5 or so domain names, most of which I don't use for anything other than email. I used to have a personal site at one of them, but I decided to get rid of it because I couldn't be bothered to maintain it and there wasn't much point in it other than hosting a few pieces of shit software I had written.

I have 5 or so domain names, most of which I don't use for anything other than email. I used to have a personal site at one of them, but I decided to get rid of it because I couldn't be bothered to maintain it and there wasn't much point in it other than hosting a few pieces of shit software I had written.

Why don't you use free services like hotmail or gmail, they work probably better than anything you could set up, plus they offer tons of free space to store email.s

Why don't you use free services like hotmail or gmail, they work probably better than anything you could set up, plus they offer tons of free space to store email.s

Because when you need a secure UNFILTERED place to store files or receive them, the only place you can trust is your own server. You can also make files available directly from a URL which is good for nothaving to logon to gmail over wirelss to fetch something. And Hotmail and Gmail aren't the greatest on filters. I managed to logon to someones gmail because they had a virus and it gave me their gmail account info. They had a phiching email in their inbox and instead of gmail picking it up, they replied and filled out a form giving away all or their credentials, including their passowrd for paypal.

There ar eplenty of other reasons to have your own sites, personal email is just one.

a few of mine are for application storage just incase i dont have my flash drive with me, someone needs somethink off me. The others are for media storage and a few for Personal Sites.

Deags just wondering, what type of service plan are u on? atm im with 3ix for a few sites and have 500mb with unlimited transfers for $3 pm, with the domain at $7.95 py.

Gmail use blocking lists like SORBS which can be inaccurate, or targeting major shared hosting providors email servers. As someone who has had to deal with the asshats at sorbs (i fucking hate the people at sorbs, they embody the worst side of geeks), and the resulting phone calls from people who suddenly cannot email any gmail or hotmail address, I no longer trust gmail for some important emails, I'd far rather use a service with zero spam blocking and do the filtering at a client level. There are some emails you do not want to miss.