2x10 secure usb

Painkiller667

Being very impressed by the usb drive segment, i now want the setup myself. I was able to setup TrueCrypt to work on a Traveler Disk, but when i make pstart autorun as well, it overwrites the autorun with it's own parameters deleting truecrypt's. So my question is how did Rob successfully merge the two autoruns so that they both worked mutually?

I just checked out his site, expecting something to be there about this but there isn't  :-(  I just wonder if he might be able/willing to put up a brief tutorial about this, either on Hak5 or his own site?  (apologies in advance if there is something there already which I missed!)

I posted it up on my web site. if you guys need anything further in depth, just ask, but as for the Switchblade code, I have to check around. If I do have it, I'll post a link here to where you can download it.

Thanks Mubix.

I posed this question to the forums, but I wanted to ask here as well. My USB stick is about 3 gigs worth of tools. Would ya’ll be interested in a torrent with all of those tools in it? Leave your comments.

Yes please :D

I posted it up on my web site. if you guys need anything further in depth, just ask, but as for the Switchblade code, I have to check around. If I do have it, I'll post a link here to where you can download it.

Thank you.  It's so easy ... when you know how!

When i tried those two lines of code on www.room362.com, first of all, my cmd window opens, its not invisible like it is showed on the show, and second, it doesnt close. And to me this is good enough because i had to experiment a lot to get to this situation. Now I want to know how to run that batch file invisibly, which if it does, i wouldnt mind having the cmd window hanging open all the time.

Hey!

look in THIS topic. The popping up of a cmd-window is (i think) fixed.

further, you can unite the 2 lines code to one line.

start /wait truecrypt /q /v saved.pst /lo && o:pstart.exe

@mubix post from room362.com:

y not. I'd like to download your stuff. Maybe 3 Gig for a torrent is a bit much but maybe you can split into 2 parts (using zip, rar, chainsaw, ...)

Thanks

When i tried those two lines of code on www.room362.com, first of all, my cmd window opens, its not invisible like it is showed on the show, and second, it doesnt close. And to me this is good enough because i had to experiment a lot to get to this situation. Now I want to know how to run that batch file invisibly, which if it does, i wouldnt mind having the cmd window hanging open all the time.

WHat version of windows are you running the batch file on? In xp it usually closes the window. In 98 it leaves it open. You can put an EXIT on the last line of the bat file and it should close the window.

Im pretty sure im just not coding it right. I've tried it on xp sp2 and x64 and school computer, all same issues.  Here's t3h c0d3z0rz:

TrueCryptTrueCrypt.exe /q background /lO /m /rm /c n /v TrueCryptencryptedvolume.ass

o:pstart.exe

exit

I've read somewhere about using vbscript to make the cmd invisible, and i find the vbs file in the switchblade packages, but it still doesnt work for me, the autorun doesnt notice my code at all. perhaps someone of greater wisdom can enlighten me on this issue....

basically when i insert the usb, i want the autorun prompt to either Open Encrypted Drive or Browse the flash drive, where if i select the encrypted, it will silently ask me for the password like it was demonstrated in the episode, and I need truecrypt to stay minimized in the taskbar because i like to hotkey dismount all and exit. Sooo... if anyone could help.. :?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the segment, loved the idea. For those of you wanting some tools for yourself, and to give Mubix more time with new baby, here's a website with links to a ton of tools that will work on a thumbdrive. Note: Some of these tools will be flagged as virus stuff, but, like a lot of the tools we use, it's harmless itself, it's just been given that status through other people's ill intent.

http://dirk-loss.de/win-tools.htm

I have a copy of almost every last one of those tools, still trying to get them all categorized, and then put into a PStart menu, not to mention add on other tools I may need as well. Gonna put these both on my USB stick, and a BartPE/UBCD4WIN disc, for use once booted from the CD. Have fun, and practice safe hacking.