Do you guys think my pc will handle vista?

Chalito

Sup guys, just got a question for ya. I know alot of people are talking about how you need a major pc upgrade to run vista with aero turned on. I wanted to know if you guys thought my pc would run it the way it is before I install anything. If anyone has the same sort of setup let me know. And if i need to improve any component feel free to let me know.

AMD 64 3000+

1GB RAM

ASUS MOBO (can't remember the model but it's a sli premium)

Geforce 7900GT

320GB hard drive

I know I can probably up the ram to at least 2GB. but do i really need to. Let me know what ya'll think.

Of course it bloody will, the rumors about vista's hardware requirements have been greatly exaggerated. More RAM would be good in the long run, but its not essential to run Vista (It runs at the same speed as XP on my laptop with 640mb of DDR, sans Areo though).

Good to know, thanks VaKo. I was just wondering because I don't want to have to reformat my drive, put vista on and then find out that I can't run it well. I did some of those online tests and they tell me I pass, then they tell me I fail. So i'm like what the hell am I supposed to do now. I guess I'll order my OEM copy of home premium and let vista take over my pc. god help me lol.

It'll run OK with 1gb of ram. I had issues with 1gb not being fast enough. BUT, I upped to 2gb and it's blazing now. Anandtech did a performance review and showed that anything past 2gb of Vista is a waste right now. Even 2gb is sometimes pushing it in requirements.

I only have a 2.8ghz P4 Prescott, 2gb DDR PC3400, 320gb SATA2 with Perp. Recording, Geforce 6800 AGP (Vanilla 128mb)...

The only thing I think I'm going to upgrade is my sound and video card.

Well, it's seems VaKo was right, I finally recived my copy of vista in the mail yesterday and it seems to run without a hitch. All my apps and drivers work just fine and even my gaming hasn't slowed down. Below is a pic of it doing it's some what uber slice bread function:

Visatdesktop.jpg

Well, it's seems VaKo was right, I finally recived my copy of vista in the mail yesterday and it seems to run without a hitch. All my apps and drivers work just fine and even my gaming hasn't slowed down. Below is a pic of it doing it's some what uber slice bread function:

Visatdesktop.jpg

gotta love aero ^_^

Although, whats funny is, i am running vista Ultimate with all the Graphics and Aero. But (for some reason) i downloaded the Upgrade Advisor and it said i would need a hardware upgrade to run all of ultimate. And then it reccomended a Dell something or other.

Visatdesktop.jpg

gotta love aero ^_^

It's ok, I prefer Beryl on my Ubuntu Laptop and my Ubuntu desktop at work. But aero is ok too lol.