Who is lying, Hak5 or Passport?

Richard Bourque

I placed an order for an item that was in stock on Nov 6th.   The system says fulfilment completed on Nov 7th.

Passport says my item is to arrive on Nov 17 to Nov 21.  It's now November 26th.

Passport's AI chatbot just goes in circles and Hak5's tech support is non-existent.

Hak5 order history page says they shipped the order, but Passport says "Awaiting item"

Why do I keep shopping here?   From the looks of things it looks like Hak5 took my money and pretended it was in stock so they mark it as shipped and fulfilled and passport has a shipping  request but nothing to pick up?

Anybody else run into this BS when they order?

I also have placed a larger order. There was a $100 off deal on 2 O.MG cords, plus I purchased other items. I did not recieve the $100 off and to make matters worse, I paid extra for FedEx 2 - 5 delivery. Ordered Nov. 23rd. No idea where my stuff is, it hasn't left California and was shipped USPS. So not only do I not know where my stuff is, I have been duped out of about $180 extra. I wish I would have read these forums first. I k own, my fault. I expect delays, but this goes beyond that, didn't honor sale and didn't send FedEx. If I paid for regular shipping, then I get it may take over 30 days etc. 

Plus, ZERO customer service.

10 hours ago, Dumper780 said:

I also have placed a larger order. There was a $100 off deal on 2 O.MG cords, plus I purchased other items. I did not recieve the $100 off and to make matters worse, I paid extra for FedEx 2 - 5 delivery. Ordered Nov. 23rd. No idea where my stuff is, it hasn't left California and was shipped USPS. So not only do I not know where my stuff is, I have been duped out of about $180 extra. I wish I would have read these forums first. I k own, my fault. I expect delays, but this goes beyond that, didn't honor sale and didn't send FedEx. If I paid for regular shipping, then I get it may take over 30 days etc. 

Plus, ZERO customer service.

Have you created a ticket https://hak5.customerdesk.io/ via hak5.org/support ?

Richard —

In the past, we only offered DHL as an option for International orders. They're very fast, however they do not handle duties for our customer. That becomes their responsibility at time of border crossing.

Because of this, we have implemented another shipping option for our International customers — Passport. They collect duties up front. It's a pretty smooth service, however it isn't as fast as DHL. They aren't a traditional carrier in their own right, rather a brokerage service that acts on your behalf for customs clearance. On the backend, packages are sent via UPU.

If you aren't familiar with the Universal Postal Union (UPU), it's is a global postal network that facilitates international mail services. It works closely with the United Nations, and coordinates with each member countries postal service. As an example, when a package is shipped via UPU from the United States to the United Kingdom — it originates its journey with the United States Postal Service (USPS). Once it crosses the border and clears customs (something Passport facilitates for you) it will be handed over to the Royal Mail.

Because multiple agencies are involved, tracking may take some time to update — and it won't be as fast as the DHL option that doesn't include customs brokerage. It's a tradeoff, but after having offered it for several years we've found it to be a reliable, economical choice, albeit slower.

As the face of, and lead hacker behind Hak5, I have put a tremendous amount of effort into implementing systems that will ensure a smooth customer experience. Everything from customs brokerage to shipping services to package insurance to fraud mitigation to the support agents who are empowered to see that you have a successful and satisfactory transaction. It's my personal goal to make sure that when you order from us, it's a seamless experience. We have a process in place to deal with every potential edge case when an inevitable snafu does arrive, should you reach out.

I've checked our support ticket system for any email from your r*@c*.com email address, however none have been found. We typically address tickets in 1-2 business days, so I advise contacting us at https://hak5.org/contact or visiting https://support.hak5.org if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Best,
Darren

On 12/4/2023 at 9:11 PM, Mr-Protocol said:

Have you created a ticket https://hak5.customerdesk.io/ via hak5.org/support ?

I have and as we were figuring out what went wrong, I asked about a refund for my FedEx shipping, i paid for the 2-5 day, because it was sent USPS and stuck in LA,. Also a coupon code was wrong but didn't alert me. So, there is a long line of mishaps on Hak5 end. High end equipment, terrible ordering system and information. Lol.  Oh well, paid Visa and called Visa, if I keep getting ghosted, Visa said they just refund it. My first order, live and learn. I let my excitement get the better of me and ordered without checking the reviews. Learned a valuable lesson.

I appreciate the response here about shipping, but as a first time customer, and adding to my cart, and filling out the forms and payment, there was nothing alerting me to these issues or cross-border extra handling, delivery people. Nothing. I am finding out about this after the fact, maybe because I wouldn't have ordered. What's the long explanation about duties and shipping?

I order things from Texas weekly, FedEx, duties and crossing the border are flawless. So the convoluted explanation about duties and time and making things easier does not make sense..  FedEx from Texas, 3 days, pay duties online, dropped off on my office desk. Nothing complicated like this 

Funny, the minute I asked about my missing money and a refund for the shipping,  I haven't heard a peep.

Darren