Infosecurity Europe 2006

wetelectric

Im going to this (if i cant get a day off work) conference.

Looks pretty good. although after registration i saw this:

We look forward to seeing you at the show! And don't forget, as you have registered for Infosecurity Europe you are now also automatically registered FREE for The Helpdesk and IT Support Show, running alongside Infosecurity. There's no need to register again.

With so much going on, why not add Infosecurity to your Outlook diary now to make sure you don't miss out?

Spot the security error. heh heh.

yoda says: ominous forboding i sense, yessss

there must be some interesting there tho. I swear if i get there and its a bunch of sales execs trying to whore their wares im going to be pissed.

gotta figure out how to plan my events

"(NB: Students and under 18's are not permitted into the exhibition)"

well that counts a lot of people out, me included. and still another 4 years of being a student as well.

I went to the Linux World Expo last year at Olympia and that was great fun. Even though we got there late because the bloody train track was broken, and then couldn't work out Earl's Court underground station. Such an idiot.

Well there are a lot of companies there trying to sell you shit, my company included, I’m going just encase someone ask a question about a new product I designed and my colleagues can’t answer that question, apparently they need me close by.

There are some interesting presentations but most of the time they are just trying to push some product.

I will be attending a few of the Business Strategy Seminars (I have to) but I’m looking forward to “The fight against DDoS and traffic floods†and “Voip – An Accident Waiting to Happen?†I usually have a few laughs if they do a QA section at end, asking them questions they don’t know the answers to.

I will also be going to the "Hackers Panel" the rest of the time I will be trying to avoided any real work.

It's a good place to meet woman that work in the same or similar field as you, and last year I got 3 phone numbers, but I don’t know of anyone that got a one night stand out of it.

man.... this shit didnt even come to mind. Tech conf =attractive girls. i'm an idiot

But how the hell do u chat up a geek girl........?

meh....if there are loads of marketing execs in thos nice girly suit....ill be having a nice time!!!

Mmmm.... marketing girls. HR girls aren't to bad either, but if you managed to piss them off your job's going to China... Never actually met a female geek though, but they must exist somewhere.

Mmmm.... marketing girls. HR girls aren't to bad either, but if you managed to piss them off your job's going to China... Never actually met a female geek though, but they must exist somewhere.

Only if u mess with the ones from ur own company. Im surre there will be plenty of targets. So there shouldnt be any friendly fire :twisted:

Only if u mess with the ones from ur own company. Im surre there will be plenty of targets. So there shouldnt be any friendly fire :twisted:

alli? :P

You see them on [iP]TV... I think this is one of the areas the UK is behind in, its only in the last few years girls have started going "your a geek, cool". They must all just be hiding :-(

Don't fall prey to the neo-trendy-geek girls. They're not geeks. They may know how to make an a href but that's just for their myspace. They may use a powerbook but thats not because it's more secure or runs on BSD, it's because it was cuter than the Dell.

It's a trap. You've been warned.

The only time I have spent time with truly geeky girls was when I was doing my doctorates at university, there weren’t any in electrical engineering but in applied mathematics there where quite a few.

Most of the women at the conference may not be geeks but they are very intelligent and it’s not that difficult to chat them up, it’s as simple as “hi my name is Mark (or what ever your name is) do you want to go get a cup of coffeeâ€, and as your at the same event as them it’s not that difficult to find something to talk about.

The only time I have spent time with truly geeky girls was when I was doing my doctorates at university, there weren’t any in electrical engineering but in applied mathematics there where quite a few.

ah i understand.geek girls when its a choice between them and men. hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Just come back from infosec conference.... was very shit. I found one program that might be usful. But it wasnt a security conference as in.....new ideas and shit. Maybe because it was on the last day.

I went to an openssl &vpn seminar........was not technical in the least. I wouldnt have minded if it wasnt listed as being technical.

So many fit girls there......... tall...nice bodies......so so good. but i was working so.....i couldnt dp much...... flirted with one tho on the way out :(