Tetra Retired???

MrJester

Has the Tetra just been retired? I can no longer "Get Bulletins" or "Get Modules" from the WifiPineapple website but I do have an internet connect on my device as I can ssh to it and ping out to google.com and curl the wifipineapple.com webpage. Just wondering thanks. 

That generation (Tetra and Nano) is end of life and not supported anymore (no updates). However, that doesn't mean that it will not work. It will not automatically stop doing its job just because it's EOL. The reason why you can curl wifipineapple.com is because the domain still exists but being redirected to the shop. Not sure exactly what part of wifipineapple.com that is requested to talk back when it comes to bulletins, but it's most likely changed due to the fact that the use of the domain and the wiki is deprecated and you should use the Hak5 Docs instead. If not successful getting the modules, I guess you can manually clone/copy them from the Git repo and add them to the Tetra.

9 hours ago, MrJester said:

Totally understand it will still work. Just truly EOL'd the device from functioning even kind of without having to side load modules just sucks thats all totally understand though. 

Actually, no. We didn't just "truly EOL the device from functioning" at all. Yesterday there was a service outage that lasted a few hours, which has been resolved for hours now.

Both bulletins and modules are functioning as expected on the NANO and TETRA.

• 3 months later...

Archived