Handshake capture works for some short amount of time

SequoiaSan

Hi guys!

I recently bought Pineapple Mark 7 and run into some issues like many of you on this forum, hope I won't double any topic that already raised.

So, I expected to capture handshakes through the day with pineapple but was surprised that handshake capture works only for some short amount of time. 1-2 hours. Then PineAp turns off, and I need:

1. Manually turn PineAp ON - Save
  2. Start capture handshake

I need to repeat this process again and again. Is it standard behaviour for Pineapple? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:29 AM, SequoiaSan said:

Hi guys!

I recently bought Pineapple Mark 7 and run into some issues like many of you on this forum, hope I won't double any topic that already raised.

So, I expected to capture handshakes through the day with pineapple but was surprised that handshake capture works only for some short amount of time. 1-2 hours. Then PineAp turns off, and I need:

1. Manually turn PineAp ON - Save
  2. Start capture handshake

I need to repeat this process again and again. Is it standard behaviour for Pineapple? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Umm this is strange, I’m getting this aswell when I leave running for 2 hours mine sometimes restarts and when I connect to it PineAP is off and I need to turn back on manually even though it’s enabled on boot and when I did capture handshake for me nothink happened.. 

hope this is fixed next update

Also try resetting it fixed the issue where it would restart and turn off after but for me didn’t capture anything..

On 2/20/2021 at 11:37 AM, Mental said:

Umm this is strange, I’m getting this aswell when I leave running for 2 hours mine sometimes restarts and when I connect to it PineAP is off and I need to turn back on manually even though it’s enabled on boot and when I did capture handshake for me nothink happened.. 

hope this is fixed next update

Thanks for the reply, Mental.

Before I used the next approach:

1. Recon scan for 5 minutes.
  2. Start WPA handshake capture.

And after a few hours, MK7 stops to capture, and PineAP shows as disabled.

Now I tried next:

1. Recon scan set on Continuous
  2. Start WPA handshake capture

This time, it did not reset capture for almost all day. BUT. I think it anyway didn't capture anything—only one handshake at the start of one of my lab routers.

It's a bit disappointing. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

@StrangePanda Please do not double post about issues. I've replied to a similar message from you in the 1.1.0 Beta thread.

I was just answering the previous speaker's question. By the way, a complete reset of my MK7 has solved most of my problems. Thank You 🙂

Archived