[RELEASE] Hak5 Cloud C2 3.1.1

Korben

We're happy to announce the latest release of the Cloud C2!

Change Log (3.1.1)

• Add Historical Recon data
  • Improvements to Recon data filters, sorting and Cartography view
  • Fix Recon sync issues with WiFi Pineapples
  • Add Chat and associated permissions
  • Add Device Notification History
  • Add Notes and associated permissions
  • Various UI styling, usability and performance improvements
  • Device notifications are now decoupled across users and decoupled from device notification history
  • Improve uptime tracking for connected devices
  • Fix a bug where previously out of date devices remained marked as Out of Date
  • Fix a bug where errors on server setup displayed as undefined in the UI

You can download the latest version over-the-air in your existing Cloud C2 instance on Linux or Mac, or visit the Hak5 Download Center to grab the release for all supported devices and operating systems.

As always, thank you for the support and great community feedback!

i follow  i followed all available tutorials and i got to the last step and  i get this i just started my programming journey and im decent with python  but im a newb   bash codes  ive not had the privilage to learn linux server  is it caused by a syntax error?

hak5.service - Hak5 C2   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/hak5.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-02-17 07:49:52 UTC; 27s ago  Process: 3867 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/c2_community-linux-64 -hostname IPAddressORHostname -https -db /var/hak5c2/c2.db (code=exited, status=203/EXEC Main PID: 3867 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)Feb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[1]: Started Hak5 C2.Feb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[3867]: hak5.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or directoryFeb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[3867]: hak5.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/local/bin/c2_community-linux-64: No such file or directoFeb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[1]: hak5.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXECFeb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[1]: hak5.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

hak5.service - Hak5 C2   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/hak5.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-02-17 07:49:52 UTC; 27s ago  Process: 3867 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/c2_community-linux-64 -hostname IPAddressORHostname -https -db /var/hak5c2/c2.db (code=exited, status=203/EXEC Main PID: 3867 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)Feb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[1]: Started Hak5 C2.Feb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[3867]: hak5.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or directoryFeb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[3867]: hak5.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/local/bin/c2_community-linux-64: No such file or directoFeb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[1]: hak5.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXECFeb 17 07:49:52 ip-172-26-5-183 systemd[1]: hak5.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Still no resolution to my 3.1.1 issue. I removed my original C2 and decided to do a fresh install with 3.1.1.

I can get through the setup just fine and start adding devices but shortly after doing so C2 becomes unresponsive. I can click other places like settings but it just says 'loading' and never loads. I logout and attempt to re-login and it just stays on the log in screen spinning and I am never able to get back in.

Made another reattempt at fresh install and rather then create a system service I just ran c2 and its the same issue. Runs for about 2 minutes then can never connect again.

Anyone have insight?

Just did another clean install, this time I chmod 777 the c2.db and the service. Logged into the newly created C2 at 13:23 (according to the server log upon logging in). Loaded one device clicked around and all worked. Attempted to add a second device and it became unresponsive. Time of death-13:25

I believe it is time related and not device adding related because I have successfully added multiple devices in other installs. What is consistent is about 2 minutes of operation.

Opened a browser on a different machine 
(incognito) and navigated to the website. Entered user name/password and the log in screen just sits there spinning.

7 hours ago, chrizree said:

Is the C2 binary actually located in the path specified? Executable (it should be when unpacked if downloading the zip)?

well i got it up and running the day before using 3.1.1 but when i went to the  ip i used for the host name it refused connection so i ended up doing an install and ran into that problem   i entered my ip inot this bash script provided by hak5 wget https://c2.hak5.org/com-cd -q -O c2.zip && unzip -qq c2.zip && /IP=$(curl -s https://checkip.amazonaws.com) &&
echo "Copy the below setup token and browse to http:/hostname" && / usr/local/bin -hostname $IP -listenip $IP

and thats the first issue the end of directory zip not found ect

Not sure where you got the command string containing "https://c2.hak5.org/com-cd", it won't download the C2 zip file needed to get the executable binary.

It seems as if you are doing a local installation of C2 on some of your own devices since an IP from the private non routable address ranges appear in your output. In that case you can't use the command string provided from Hak5 without modifying it first. You can't include "IP=$(curl -s https://checkip.amazonaws.com)" since it will return your publicly facing IP address, and if that IP address doesn't have some kind of port forwarding (or that your C2 instance is running on a device that is directly facing the internet) then you won't reach your C2 instance.

I would do the following if you are *not* using an external/internet facing server resource for your C2 instance:

1) Download the C2 zip file, either by visiting https://downloads.hak5.org/cloudc2 or run: wget https://c2.hak5.org/dl -O c2.zip
2) Create some directory where you want to unzip the C2 files and move the zip file to that directory
3) cd into the new directory and unzip the c2.zip file: unzip c2.zip
4) Start the server from the command line: ./c2-3.1.1_amd64_linux -hostname <insert the ip address of the machine from where C2 is executed>

You will get an output like this:
[*] Initializing Hak5 Cloud C2 v3.1.1
[*] Hostname: <ip address of the C2 instance "server">
[*] DB Path: c2.db
[*] First Start. Initializing... 
[*] Initial Setup Required - Setup token: <some token string...>
[*] Running Hak5 Cloud C2

5) Now browse to the ip address of the C2 instance, but use port 8080 and no https
6) You will be greeted with the web based Server Setup page

thank you chrizee i actually figured out many errors and feel like im actually learning i got my cloud c2 up and running but upon trying to login using the key from hack 5 and the key given to me on my own server once i created my account and password i click accept the ucla and hit enter then i get the error message  error: undefined  so ive looked back made sure every thing is running properly my connection is strong ect what could be the issue now ? is it a bug with the recently updated 3.1.1? thanks for helping man i felt like a complete newb i was pretty disappointed in my ability  till this learning experience

I would double check your token and key to make sure they are copied correctly into the setup screen. I can confirm off my multiple 3.1.1 installs there is no bug experienced during the initial setup. I had an error: undefined previously but soon realized it was just a typo.

11 hours ago, Bricekh2 said:

I would double check your token and key to make sure they are copied correctly into the setup screen. I can confirm off my multiple 3.1.1 installs there is no bug experienced during the initial setup. I had an error: undefined previously but soon realized it was just a typo.

i have even got a fresh license from hak5 and copy pasted directly both my token and my key and when i hit save it says errer:undefined so if its an issue its not on my end my server is active and running

On 2/17/2021 at 6:19 PM, Bricekh2 said:

Ran debug  on a few installs and this  is reproduced when the issue presents itself.

Seems there is a token retrieval issue after all. So at this point I cant recover the install and have to redo it all over.

c2fail.PNG.dbd74c8ecbab57471c8845cb44fa5dd3.PNG

"Error getting token" is UI session related; hence why it served you login. Not to be confused with setup token.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue. I’m installing on a Raspberry Pi 4 (armv7) token and lic are correct.  I’m on a stand-alone network only two machines on it. The pi and my laptop. 

192.168.1.2:8080 gets me to the pi but I just can’t get past the setup page. I click on the save button and it sits and thinks for 10 seconds that throws the “Error undefined”

My guess is that you get "Error undefined" just because of the very fact that you are offline/standalone. I quickly put together a standalone environment with a RPi4, a PC and a simple "home router" and all of it was totally cut off from the internet. I got the same result; "Error undefined". I then connected the local standalone network so that it got internet access and everything was processed without any errors at all. I also captured the traffic in different stages using Wireshark and the server communicates with online resources during setup so it seems to be in need of internet access to be set up properly. Perhaps Hak5 wants to know that a license is used and the C2 instance "calls home" to verify/report this. Hard to tell though since it's all "cloaked" and therefore pure speculation, but the setup at least communicates with resources that can be linked to Hak5. Then it downloads things from Google related resources as well (fonts at least) so there is a most probable dependency to internet access.

Edit:
Well... to take the speculation out of it all... the C2 instance needs a working internet connection to even start the server and clearly tells all about it when being started or if you rip the cord with the server instance started.

Thank you chrizree.  any idea if it will continue to need internet access or is it just a one time thing (lic lookup / confirm)?  Also do you know if I absolute need Cloud C2 to collect information from my devices (screen crab, and others)

I guess you are still stuck in the scenario I recently posted. The server needs access to verify the license. You have to test out different scenarios to see how it behaves, but what I've seen so far (the standalone scenario isn't something I've "opted" for since I'm only interested in running it online) C2 gets grumpy in one way or the other if taken offline. Just start the C2 instance under different circumstances and see what it reports to the command line and how the GUI acts. It will tell you how usable it is in different situations, with or without internet access. To be totally offline you will have to find a way to emulate the license validation procedure which will most likely be both time consuming to develop and (most important) also violate any license agreement (or such). Not the way I would go for sure. If you want to collect loot in some "server like" solution, I would most likely investigate the possibility for the Hak5 devices to use scp and cron (for example) and gather the loot and periodically send the loot to a "server" that is local (can be a RPi, another Hak5 device, etc.). I know that some/several of them do support scp and cron. Then you need to figure out how each of the Hak5 devices can reach your loot collecting "server" since they have different ways to communicate (either directly via wireless or through a "victim" if not wireless and in that case you need the "victim" computer(s) or the "victim" network to be connected to the loot "server" in some way). It all depends on your use case scenario.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:41 AM, Scoobthenewb said:

i have even got a fresh license from hak5 and copy pasted directly both my token and my key and when i hit save it says errer:undefined so if its an issue its not on my end my server is active and running

Do you know how to solve it? i'm not using https and i'm sutcked here to "error: undefined"!

• Foxtrot featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Foxtrot unpinned this topic

Archived