A new, very intuitive UI concept

Garda

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=884017118027634444

what do you guys think

i quite like it. i think that it breaks down barriers to using computers to such an extent that you can use a computer reasonably effectively within only minutes of having seen one for the first time

keep in mind that there are some people who can't even manage a mouse and a modern computer UI.

Sort of reminds me of an oversized iPhone, but with a lot more power... IIRC I've seen this kind of thing elsewhere, I think in a concept tablet PC or something...

Pretty cool though, either way... would be nice to be able to actually play with it and see how it feels interacting with it.

i want this no matter the cost, i want it, but i also want it in a 60 inch model, any larger and it would be too big for my arms to reach opposing corners, so 60 inches would be great.

The next step would be to curve it, so you could almost step into it.

A new market will be formed, to handle the chaffed finger tips.

Yeah that was a nice one, I really like seeing what HCI researchers can come up with given enough time and money. But until we get displays able to create keyboards with actual keys I don't see it replacing what I need and a ZUI isn't really suited for what I normally use a computer for. Would be great for image manipulation and data visualization though.

Makes me a bit sad that the Steve distortion field is so strong that people think that Apple had anything to do with this kind of technology. The title of the next one in the playlist for instance. "We have invented a new technology called multitouch", oh really Steve? Or could you possibly have "borrowed" it from people that actually are innovative and patented a clone?

Oops, my rant monkey got loose and threw some on the keyboard. Sorry about that.

Well it sure looks "cool" and flashy but is it really useable? Typing on a completely flat surface like that can't be any better for you than on a proper keyboard. What's so wrong with a mouse and keyboard? If you could use a mouse to move your furniture when moving wouldn't you instead of using your hands?

Well it sure looks "cool" and flashy but is it really useable? Typing on a completely flat surface like that can't be any better for you than on a proper keyboard. What's so wrong with a mouse and keyboard? If you could use a mouse to move your furniture when moving wouldn't you instead of using your hands?

if the strength required would be the same no contest HANDS

Apple and MS are just as bad as each other when it comes to grandiose statements regarding there technological achievements. Apples users are just way more gullible it seems.

they would have to be to buy a mac