2.7 and SD Card not working

p28312

I'm seeing the same issues with using an SD card since upgrading to 2.7.0. I've had my Wifi Pineapple Nano for about 6-7 years and although I've never upgraded the firmware, I've also never had an issue with it working and the modules on the SD card.

As soon as I upgraded, it has become impossible to install anything to the SD card and I have tried several SD cards now and all the tips on this forum, nothing seems to work.

I get lots of block errors now in dmesg for sda but regardless of how many different SD cards I use. Again, I've been using the one in it for years without issue.

Is there actually a bug in this firmware using SD cards?

16 hours ago, JoetheHacker said:

I'm seeing the same issues with using an SD card since upgrading to 2.7.0. I've had my Wifi Pineapple Nano for about 6-7 years and although I've never upgraded the firmware, I've also never had an issue with it working and the modules on the SD card.

As soon as I upgraded, it has become impossible to install anything to the SD card and I have tried several SD cards now and all the tips on this forum, nothing seems to work.

I get lots of block errors now in dmesg for sda but regardless of how many different SD cards I use. Again, I've been using the one in it for years without issue.

Is there actually a bug in this firmware using SD cards?

So although I have now got an SD card recognised and working even after rebooting the device, it randomly disappears and reappears which is making it impossible to save anything to it or use any of the modules saved to it.

Other people seem to have reported this same issue, again, is there a bug that needs fixing for SD cards?

3 hours ago, JoetheHacker said:

So although I have now got an SD card recognized and working even after rebooting the device, it randomly disappears and reappears which is making it impossible to save anything to it or use any of the modules saved to it.

Other people seem to have reported this same issue, again, is there a bug that needs fixing for SD cards?

This has to be a bug because I can get it working just fine until I pull the power and reboot it. Then I have to configure it all again. I have followed countless directions and even bought a new SD card because I though maybe mine was bad but it still doesn't work.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:30 AM, JoetheHacker said:

So although I have now got an SD card recognised and working even after rebooting the device, it randomly disappears and reappears which is making it impossible to save anything to it or use any of the modules saved to it.

Same problem here now, sometimes you can see modules on left, and other times nothing. Sometimes have to reboot Nano a few times before it works.

• 3 weeks later...

The dev/sdx is changing from second to second.

The card gets error:

Buffer I/O error on dev sdh, logical block 15591887, async page read
Buffer I/O error on dev sdh, logical block 512, async page read

and finally disconnect and attached new again.

Thats the reason for the new name.

If one card is defect I would understand, but I now tested 4 of them.

Different manufacturer and size.

Without sd card the wifi pineapple is not more usable now.

I will try to find out if other OpenWrt installations knows thos challange. 
But the better way would be, if the guy who sold this stuff provides a solution.

Best Regards

c

Archived